Erm.. When did Switch (PS2) come out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erm.. When did Switch (PS2) come out?

Switch for PlayStation 2Switch is a so-called "gagventure" game, short for "gag adventure." This blend of puzzles, adventure and comedy appeared for the Sega CD in 1993, and returns to amuse a new generation of gamers on the PS2 now.You play a computer network repairman attempting to cure a virus that's afflicted the worldwide computer network, which in the future controls nearly every device on the planet. Fixing a machine involves pressing a series of switches in appropriate succession.

I had no idea...

I got my copy over a year ago. It's exactly the same as the Mega CD version, right down to the low-res display.

Comment

Completely. Passed. Me. By.

Comment

does it even have the Mega CD title screen level?

Comment

"Is anything in English?" is my question.

Comment

why do you need english?

Comment

because french always run away.

guffaw.

Erm... because I can't decipher kanji?

Comment

There aren't many places where the language gets in the way, purely because there's almost no gameplay! Literally all you do is move a curser and press switches. Choose the right switch and something good happens, choose the wrong and you get a hilarious animated sequence. That's it!

Comment

"hilarious" in scare quotation marks...

I'm sold.

Comment

Did this ever get released in the UK on the Mega CD? I think I remember reading a review in MegaTech where they gave it 90-odd percent, but can't remember if it was the Jap or PAL version?

Comment

I'm reasonably sure it's Japan-only: I've only ever seen J-copies...

Comment

Switch came out in the US for sure, it was called Panic. That was on the MCD.

Can be a fun game at times, although I would say that only a small amount of the wrong button scenes are actually that funny. Most just leave you thinking, "eh?!".

The soundtrack is highly distinctive. Most of the noises in the game are done with human 'voice'. Really weird.

Comment

Working...
                        X