Just bought a Mega Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought a Mega Drive

Eventually bought another Mega Drive after selling my old off years ago to get money for an N64

I only have a few games left like Bonnza Bros, Rolo to the Rescue, Alex Kidd, Mega Games 1 and when i get time i'll be going down to my local indie to get that copy of Dynamtie Headdy (i used to love this game)

Anyways I can't really remember what games i wanted back then and am asking what are some good games for the system - especially platformers (not sonic - i have Sonic Jam)

Also i used to have Zero the Kamikaze squirrel which i liked - it is a spin-off from Aero the Acrobat, are the Aero games any good?

My personal reccomendations:

Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, The Lion King, Aladdin, Home Alone, Samurai Shodown, Virtua Racer and Sonic 2.

That's all I can think of for now

Comment

Streets of Rage, Streets of Rage 2, Streets of Rage 3

platformers, id reccomend, mickey and donal: world of illusion, mickey mania, revenge of shinobi, shinobi 3, rocket knight adventures

also go for

Gunstar Heroes and the Micro Machines games!!!!

Comment

All of the games above are good, but you also want to pick up Flashback.

Comment

I got one this morning from the local bootfair. having also just got my first SNES. It will be fun to compare them.

Are there any decent RPGs on the Megadrive?

Comment

Originally posted by Streets Of Rage
            Streets of Rage, Streets of Rage 2, Streets of Rage 3

platformers, id reccomend, mickey and donal: world of illusion, mickey mania, revenge of shinobi, shinobi 3, rocket knight adventures

also go for

Gunstar Heroes and the Micro Machines games!!!!
            Oh yeah, i just remembered i used to have mickey mania (was it called something different on the MD?) and i got Micro Machines TT'96 with the MD which is the one i had before - you can create your own tracks!!

I've never heard of rocket knigt adventures though

Originally posted by Garcon Bifteck
            My personal reccomendations:

Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, The Lion King, Aladdin, Home Alone, Samurai Shodown, Virtua Racer and Sonic 2.
            I used to have aladdin and a mate of mine had golden axe and lion king (my local indie might have this)

so many memoires...

What's Home Alone like? (considering movie tie-ins usually suck)

Comment

in answer to fatbatch: only good rpgs i know of are soleil and story of thor, the shining force games r meant to be good but ive never played em.

Arctic Feather, Mickey Mania was called the same on MD, it was Mickeys Wild Adventure on PS1 tho.

Rocket Knight is great and releatively cheap, also see Toejam and Earl ive got a few (read about 30) megadrive games for sale plz pm me if ud like a list !!!

Comment

My personal recommendations:

Arcade conversions - Ghouls n Ghosts, Flicky, Gauntlet IV. All spot-on.

Pinball - Dragon's Fury and Psycho Pinball.

The Thunderforce series of shoot'em ups are a must if shmups are your thing. Other shoot'em-ups worth checking out - Gynoug, Truxton, Empire of Steel, Subterrania, Biohazard Attack.

Platform games - Decapattack, Mickey Mouse: Castle of Illusion, Ristar, Kid Chameleon, Pocahontas (yes, really).

Also: Micro Machines Military, Gunstar Heroes (the absolute essential Megadrive game), Puyo Puyo (AKA Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine), Vectorman.

Jay

Comment

Get two joysticks and play smash tv - you can use it just like the arcade machine - classic

Comment

Home Alone is actually kind of fun for a few hours. The graphics are woeful and its really easy but it has a cool weapons system. You can combine different things you find around the house into guns and set traps.

Liscenced games on the MD could be great. Sega made a fantastic spidey called Spiderman vs The Kingpin. I also adore they're take on Ghostbusters; although its way too difficult for a newcomer to appreciate it today.

There are a fair amount of RPG's for the MD. Not anywhere as many as the SNES but still not bad..

Phantasy Star 4 has very attractive graphics. Sort of like Final Fantasy 7 but harder.

Phantasy Star 2 is ugly and very, very difficult. Fantastic story though.

Shining Force 1 and 2 are both excellent strategy RPG's.

I love Landstalker to bits. It's an isometric action RPG with a strong emphasis on puzzle solving. Best character development and dialogue ever..

Comment

I've got a Megajet winging its way to me within the next few days, so this thread is timed to perfection

Any idea when MD carts started being region locked?

Comment

i *THINK* it was about when they switched the packaging to a blue stripe down the side!

Comment

Is megaman: the wily wars rare/expensive for the mega drive?

Anywhere i could buy it from (it's not on eBay atm)

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Feather
                            Is megaman: the wily wars rare/expensive for the mega drive?

Anywhere i could buy it from (it's not on eBay atm)
                            Indeed, it's quite hard to come by. I'm pretty sure it got a PAL release too.

Jay

Comment

There are only about 10 rare games on the MD with small print runs. Pirates: Gold, Phantasy Star 1, Jap Comix Zone etc. Everything else is quite common and sells for peanuts.

The region locks started in about mid-1992. Many of the lesser releases don't have them though. EA carts also are not region specific. You could always mod the machine pretty easily.

Comment

Working...
                              X