X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap-ass yank Evo action

http://www.gamesarefun.com/cgi-bin/n...51544292,94082,

Virtual Fighter 4 Evolution Greatest Hits
    Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution has been released for Japanese arcades and the PlayStation 2. It contains new moves, tweaked A.I. in opponents, better graphics, over 1,500 new items to collect, and two additional characters. And now, since the original Virtua Fighter 4 has sold over 500,000 copies, Sega is bringing it to North America as a Greatest Hits title. So, for $19.99, you can get this improved version of one of AM2's best fighting games. We have no word on a release date, but Sega should announce something soon.
    blooody 'ell, lads. You get a top-notch fighter for 'alf price. You can't say no to that, can ya?

The reason for this insane price is that Sony refused to publish the game (due to bad sales figures in japan) unless Sega agreed to release under the greatest hits range (well looking forward to a **** cover with greatest hits stamped all over it ft: ).

Comment

$20 = winnar.

Anyway, the US budget range doesn't look as nasty as the PAL Platinum range...

Plus it's $20 ffs!!!

Comment

Actually I think the gaming press is on drugs. Because I think the working title for the US release is Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution Greatest Hits. Say it all together now. I'm a yank and I'd pay full price for that piece of kit.

So my bold prediction is that it will be 40.00 bucks and they will drop the greatest hits bit. Its too confusing. Leave it to Sega to screw up a good press release.

Also those red bars are ugly. I have no need for that on such a great game.

Comment

[/quote]$20 = winnar.
          Yeah can't really complain, lets hope sega sort out the memory card problems associated with the jap version:http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/...b=5&o=&fpart=1

Comment

Red bar? lol, you Yankees don't even know you're born.

Look at what we Europeans have to put up with on our budget releases:

Pray for our souls!

Comment

$20 = winnar.
              Yeah can't really complain, lets hope sega sort out the memory card problems associated with the jap version:http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/...b=5&o=&fpart=1
              [/quote]

?????

Ok so the save system sucks so it that why its 20.00? They have plenty of time to fix that...I'm confused by your quote of my quote elsewhere.
              Sega was stupid they released it the same day as FFX-2, plus Evo is still big in the arcade there.

Burai your right the platinum is crap. I'll take my red bar.

Comment

i wasnt going to bother with vf4evo after not getting on too well with vf4.

but $20 i might as well give it another try

Comment

Fuddle! It's class. I've no idea if you could do it in VF4, but in Evo, I could jump towards a wall, push off it, spin round and deliver a swift blow to the head (with one of the characters - sorry it was late, I can't remember). The whole thing seems to well thought out. The command training mode is superb and all fighters from now onwards should have it like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Burai
                    Red bar? lol, you Yankees don't even know you're born.

Look at what we Europeans have to put up with on our budget releases:

<image of Platinum Hit snipped>

Pray for our souls!
                    Hmmm, that's very similar to our budget XBOX line, which features "Platinum" with a silver border around a shrunken/cropped original box image. They come in silver cases instead of green. What's it like in Europe?

It's a shame they don't line up well on the shelf. Bah.

Comment

Our Xbox budget range looks like this:

Pretty ass, no?

See how you can take that in two ways with the pictured subject matter? Think about it...

Comment

Yes, SMG does look nice from behind.

Back to packaging: what's up with that random green square?

Here's ours, which resembles your PS2 budget line, with only slightly less redundant title text.

Reminds me of Star Wars: Dark Forces: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast or Midway Presents Arcade's Greatest Hits: The Atari Collection 2 for stupid titling.

Comment

Working...
                        X