Mr. Driller -Drill Land- for GameCube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr. Driller -Drill Land- for GameCube

The other day I just picked up Mr. Driller for 10.00 for PSone and I played it last night and it was the most PSone fun I had since puzzle fighter. I'm curious how Mr. Driller is for the Cube. I have a modified Q and I'm curious about this game. If anybody has any impressions/thoughts etc on the game would be great!

Also does it have multiplayer?

Yeah, ditto. I've yet to play a Mr Driller game, but I've heard plenty of good things about them. As I have PS1, PS2 and DC, I'm curious as to which version is the one to go for. I'm going to try this series as I haven't played a decent puzzle game in ages.

Comment

You've never played a Mr Driller????

Their all fairly similar, although the GC version has the most ptions. The cheapest to find is probably the DC version. If you have a GBA, then one of handheld versions is worth getting as its a perfect handheld game. The Japanese versions of Mr Driller A and Mr Driller 2 are quite special.

Comment

Time to go hunt me a DC Mr. Driller then.

Comment

Drill Land has 4-player racing and token-hunting. Lot's of Fun. Driller Great [Jap PSOne/Arcade] has a 2-player racing and survival mode, which I find more fun. Get your hands on ANY game in the series, they all offer unique styles of play.

Comment

I'd recommend Driller Land (GC) over the DC version, the new gaming styles are fantastic.

Comment

Any ideas on where to get Mr Driller for GBA on the cheap? And is it Jap only or what?

Comment

Thank you I just ordered Drill land for the cube today! As for the GBA games they are damn near impossible to find. ft: Check for the PSone Mr. Driller.

Comment

I've got the DC version, it is great... Really playable...

All the games are pretty similar, but I think i'll go for the GBA version of the game. It would be great fun on the go, and if I want big screen, then I'll use the GBA player...

But, I think I'll wait until I know what is in the GC version before I make my final choice!

Comment

The handheld versions are not as fast-paced as the console releases. Better for starters maybe, but you really need to play one of the console releases to play it as it's intended.

For any of the versions, I imagine the illustrious Tokuda would be able to sort you out

Comment

Got this a couple of days ago. Absolutely hooked on it. The additional game types keep everything fresh and the unlockable movies and gift shop items keep me impressed.

And I challenge anyone not to be impressed by the quality of the cut-scenes, Team Driller's art deco style sensibilities throughout and the amazing music video at the start!

Comment

I have only played Driller Land a little bit as I got it at the same time as Ikaruga but one thing that really stands out for me is the music. I think it is really weird but immensely cool. I can't compare it to other versions though.

Boomah

Comment

Originally posted by nips
                          I've got the DC version, it is great... Really playable...
                          I realise it's a bit cheeky and all to have my first post as some sort of advert, but you might like to know ...

At GameFAQs, you can find an FAQ I wrote concerning different ways to play Mr Driller on the Dreamcast. It's fun with a microphone, it's tricky with maracas, and the fishing rod is funny (if you've got one which recognises side-to-side movement).

Tim (tm)

Comment

Ok I was at work today and I just looked in our work mailbox and low and behold Mr. Driller was waiting for me. This is my first GC import so I have a question, are all the import GC boxes this small?

Comment

Japanese boxes? Yeah - they're wee. I like 'em.

Oh and Mr. Driller on GBA. Yeah - its fantastic. One of my most played 'lunch-break' games.

Comment

Working...
                              X