No announcement yet.

The Good Boxart Gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couldn't find a full scan 'cos this doesn't do it justice...

...as the style wraps the inlay/box beautifully. Here's the US/PAL artwork for comparison...

Comment

Originally posted by kingston lj
      I was only having a joke, but I must say she is at least a D-Cup, nice and big imo!
      My missus has bigger baps than that and she's only a C (not that thats a bad thing ).

I quite liked the PAL Tee Off cover, just a golfball on the ground with a club in front of it. and regarding plain covered, with games like Crazy Taxi and Final Fantasy I really prefer the open space the cover has, to the action packed renders the US counterparts have. Sometimes less is more, and it just looks far more artistic to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Smega
        My missus has bigger baps
        Post pix pl... ah, forget it

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
          Couldn't find a full scan 'cos this doesn't do it justice...

...as the style wraps the inlay/box beautifully. Here's the US/PAL artwork for comparison...

I absolutely love this game. It has such an eerie intense atmosphere, everything about it is genius.

The Japanese box is a work of art, and the name should have stayed as
          ' Crying ', Biohazard Battle sounds too generic for such a fresh game.

Comment

That's a class-A example
            The Western box art of course, features a space-ship and an explosion.

Comment

...And ****ty ones, at that.

Although you don't need a spaceship and an explosion if you want to make bad western boxart for a shooter. The ship alone is enough, provided you replace the explosion with, er... A... An old guy who plays the banjo.

Comment

That can't real.
                Surely?

Looks like uncle Jessie from the Dukes of Hazzard

Comment

I can almost hear the banjo...

You sure do got a pretty mouth, city boy... now let's just see you drop them panties...

Comment

It *is* real.

Now, I can understand the reasoning behind most other bad boxarts. Spaceships and explosions, however badly drawn, seem appropriate for shooters; and so do half-naked ladies for any game (especially med-fan) that features a female protagonist.

But I have to admit, no matter how hard I try, I fail to see how an old guy playing the banjo can relate to a space shooter.

Comment

I can only guess the designers reasoning for that box design but here it goes.

The Hill Billy deep south is notourious for UFO sightings. The designer is having a joke by suggesting that the old hill billy man is so used to seeing spaceships that he just sits back playing his banjo with little interest or care for what is going on in the sky above, he's seen it all before.

Comment

There's some great examples released on this generation of consoles and I admit I love "Sketch" type artwork used on game covers.

Comment

THE Ico box is brilliant, and will probably be regarded as a classic for all time.

Comment

Originally posted by kingston lj
                            I can only guess the designers reasoning for that box design but here it goes.

The Hill Billy deep south is notourious for UFO sightings. The designer is having a joke by suggesting that the old hill billy man is so used to seeing spaceships that he just sits back playing his banjo with little interest or care for what is going on in the sky above, he's seen it all before.
                            Actually I heard it was chose because its the last thing someone would expect for a shmup. Seen as there was ship+explosion+alien boxes everywhere.

Comment

I just really like the design on this one, it's really quite a perfect cover that kinda describes the game just looking at it. Not sure if anyone else thinks so.

Comment

I'm not too fond of the red cube they stuck on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X