No announcement yet.

The Good Boxart Gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish I could've got hold of one of those BEAMSs Rez t-shirts from a while back...

Comment

Far better than the other region releases (and rereleases), the original Yossy Island artwork is quite lovely,

SD3 had almost as good art as 2,

As did the Illusion of Gaia, kind of a precursor to the Ico cover:

cant remember the name of this (traysia?), shame I havent a bigger pic as it's lovely and detailed:

The ship from Gaires is adorable, shame about the *cough*game*cough*. hey there's a naked woman behind the awesome ship too

Space invaders too, you'd never have guessed you were piloting such a groovy ship would you?

I'll stop with the inlining, but MUSHA and Rainbow Islands Extra once again for the MD, it had so many lovely covers that it's just stunning that with the advent of the saturn they all dried up..

There's so much great landscape box art for the GBA i could go on for days, i'll just say though: MvDK is quite sexy
      Last edited by Tychom; 14-02-2005, 22:19. Reason: moved images to faster server

Comment

**** me, that's some nice boxart. Thanks man! That Gaires gives me wood

Comment

It's very rare to find inspiring art for an f1 game, but here it is. This cover makes me want to be an engineer.

Now there's something I never imagined typing.

Comment

Originally posted by df0notfound
            Actually I heard it was chose because its the last thing someone would expect for a shmup. Seen as there was ship+explosion+alien boxes everywhere.
            If it was gonna be the last thing anyone expected, it should of had a pic of Bill Gates.

" Hi there! If you like videogames, Phalanx is one I recommend "

Comment

Nah he shud be on the X-Box box sayin "buy this or else"

Comment

I had a poster of that Gairies cover on my wall when I was 15!

Comment

More recent great box art:

Nebula Echonight

DoDonPachi Dai-Oujou

Pikmin 2 - First great US box art ever

Japanese version:

I love that Perfect Dark one, seen it before but it still looks amazing. Same goes for that 'Crying' one.

Comment

Disgaea's japanese boxart is quite nice (granted it's manga, but sooo cute).

The french (euro ?) cover of Wario Ware for GC is really nice too. It's yellow, very simple, with Wario. Can't find a good picture, alas.

Comment

Wow, quite nice indeed. Although in all fairness, the Euro Disgaea boxart is quite good too, dood.

(now why the hell SCEE thought it was a good idea to remove the Japanese audio track and to release the game on CD is beyond me :angry: )

Comment

WOW that USA box Art for Pikmin 2 looks fantastic

Comment

Originally posted by Wild_Cat
                          (now why the hell SCEE thought it was a good idea to remove the Japanese audio track and to release the game on CD is beyond me :angry: )
                          SCEE don't release games with Japanese voicetracks in. Apparently its in their docs - they just don't pass games for release with Japanese in, as they don't know if the characters are saying "****" or not.

Must be the reason we got that utterly cluster****ed version of Siren.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild_Cat
                            Wow, quite nice indeed. Although in all fairness, the Euro Disgaea boxart is quite good too, dood.
                            Bollocks, stock pic of the character + eyecandy 2000's fire filter (the filter of choice for filthy kebab/pizza/chicken takeout menus.)

Comment

Originally posted by hankwangford
                              SCEE don't release games with Japanese voicetracks in. Apparently its in their docs - they just don't pass games for release with Japanese in, as they don't know if the characters are saying "****" or not.

Must be the reason we got that utterly cluster****ed version of Siren.
                              So this is why in the Euro version of the .hack games (well, at least in Infection -- haven't had time to get the others) the Japanese audio track is only unlocked after completing the game? It's a workaround?

Okay, that's decided: starting now I'm only buying imports for my PS2. As long as SCEE remain the dicks they are, they won't be seeing any more of my money. ft:

Comment

The Japanese voicetrack is in Euro .hack? Wierd.

I'm only using second hand information. edandersen knows more than me. Ed, where are you? This thread needs your knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                                X