X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeteJ
    [

Oh God
    Why are they recycling the boxart of old Speccy games??!!

Comment

Hey I like that Katamari boxart

(gotta love that mean lookin' sheep!)

Comment

@Spatial... not just the Joe Blade cover (which I recognised straight off)...

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Well the Pheonix logo and Players Premier badge are pretty much the same, so its probably the same company!

That's no excuse for Hamster Ball though.

Comment

Hey I like that Katamari boxart

Did that Lion just kick the Monkey in the nads?

Comment

Forget the lion, what he hell is that hippo on the right doing to that warthog.

Blatant ripoff of the football scene in bedknobs & broomsticks

Comment

Isnt that Bedknobs And Broomsticks?

Comment

lol, Do these PAL PS2 games really exist? Those boxes are comedy gold!

Comment

Originally posted by importaku
                    Forget the lion, what he hell is that hippo on the right doing to that warthog.
                    I think that's what's technically known as `the reach around`

Well the Pheonix logo and Players Premier badge are pretty much the same, so its probably the same company!
                    Someone has to find some screens of the PS2 version of Joe Blad... erm, I mean Street Warrior. Bet with all its power the PS2 can't blend colours into one another like a Speccy could

Comment

There's no screenshots but these guys sure are churning out an amazing number of titles.

Comment

Fair play to them though, the games are only selling for ?8.
                        "Europes only super-budget publisher".

I know, hard to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Kron
                          There's no screenshots but these guys sure are churning out an amazing number of titles.

http://www.phoenixgamesgroup.com/uk/index.html
                          They've got 'Dynamite 100' coming out soon. Reminds me of the old Cascade 'Cassette 50' on the Speccy. Some of those titles have got to be Japanese, haven't they?

Plus....

Carwash Tycoon?

PS: I like how on that Maniac Mole cover, they've put a mole's head as the 'O'. Very classy.
                          Last edited by JazzFunk; 20-02-2006, 20:32.

Comment

I didn't know the US and PAL versions of Mega Man 2 had different box arts. I had the Euro version. That was my first game ever - after Mario. Anyway, it's interesting to point out how the artists have no idea what the game is about. For example, you can see Dr. Light hiding behind Crash Man, ordering him to get Mega Man.

I really have no idea what the Western passion with "realism" in games is for. These are games for God's sakes. Has there been any improvement lately? Most often then not the Jap ones are much, much better.

Great thread.

Comment

That pig at the bottom is so getting goosed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris
                                That pig at the bottom is so getting goosed.
                                It's like some zoophilia game thing. Even the Rhino in the bottom left is getting ready for some.

Comment

Working...
                                X