Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FzeroX appreciation and FzeroGC anticipation thread

Haters stay out!

Having recently seen some FZeroGC footage, I racked out the N64 version for some 2 player and single player action, cos I got all excited like and needed to pretend it had already been released.

Damn, it's so fast and serious!
    Saurian pointed out something I never knew, which would have helped a whole load back in the day.
    If you start sliding and tap the accelerator, it brings you back in line. Gah.
    Any other tips? I've just replaced my PAL version with and even faster jap NTSC version, so NEED to play through again and open up all the cups.

I need the new game soon.......

I already made a thread in Retro, charles! I love FZX!

Comment

I quite enjoyed through N64 emulation, having missed out in my PC gaming days. It's very good, the sense of speed is immense. But I hated the cheesy metal music, especially at the title screen. ft:

Comment

Yay for F Zero X, the ultimate time trial racer 8). The cheesy rock music really suits the retro style of the game (retro before it was cool to do so migh I add).

Some of the courses on this still blow me away. Once you get used to powersliding (i.e. holding the opposite trigger to the direction you are turning) the game just takes on a new level.

And in RGB it just looks awesome. I'm going back to get that N64 for you tomorrow, Charles .

Comment

Perfect for Risk and Reward... You really have to push yourself to complete the game with Captain Falcon - ending every race with a tiny bit of energy.

Stunning...

What about DeathRace. I loved it in the N64 Version, any further news for GC?

Comment

F-Zero X is simply magnificent, easily my favourite racer but the technology of it's host console makes it so. The game sacrifices needless background eye candy for speed and track design and so my only worry with the GC update is will the gameplay be changed?

The extra grunt of the GC makes for beautiful screenshots but will F-Zero's essence be lost? Will it be more Wipeout than F-Zero?

Comment

Ah yes powersliding... sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Doing a double tap of the correct air brake can also wield dividents with not much loss of speed either... I look forward to some challenging on this baby when it comes out... London peeps up for it?
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

It's hard to say if the handling will be popular. Some people dislike Nagoshi-sans arcade handling. I've heard alot of criticism about Daytona's control recently but I've always adored it.

I've been playing Scud Race alot recently which I initially dismissed as having stupid handling but its just very challenging. I really enjoy Scud Race now. The powerslides are seriously tempermental in the higher gears and you can't just ram on counter steer, you have to balance it carefully or the car spins out on every turn.

Comment

Silence was my favourite track. I admit FZX was a game I was not best at but flying round this course and seemingly just below the speed of light trying desperatly to hit all the boosters and not fly of the track is one my favourite adrenalin filled gaming moments.

Comment

I remember when f-zeroX came out, everyone was contemplating whether the handling would be as good as the original, now f-zero is coming out on the gamecube its repeated all over again

One of the best part of f-zeroX imo was hearing the music from the snes days but more heavy and different. My brother has a midi of mute city on the snes as his ring tone, when ever I'm with him I ring up his phone just to hear it

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                      Ah yes powersliding... sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Doing a double tap of the correct air brake can also wield dividents with not much loss of speed either... I look forward to some challenging on this baby when it comes out... London peeps up for it?
                      BRING IT!

You can powerslide man! In X it's used to get around right angle bends, you just tap the opposite airbrake to swing the back end round then tap the accelerator to correct yourself.

I cant wait till F Zero hits the arcades! It'll be carnage like the Daytona races manz used to partake in back in the day.

Comment

With Mario Kart confirmed as having Lan play and the arcade of FZERO having a link up option what do we reckon to the chances of the GC conversion having it?

Comment

Just waiting on my jpn version of F-Zero X. It'll be faster than my uk copy And rgb aswell

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
                            BRING IT!

You can powerslide man! In X it's used to get around right angle bends, you just tap the opposite airbrake to swing the back end round then tap the accelerator to correct yourself.

I cant wait till F Zero hits the arcades! It'll be carnage like the Daytona races manz used to partake in back in the day.
                            Oh aye... you just gotta be careful sometimes because it's far better doing other maneuvers round some corners than trying to slide

Imagine though... if you could connect F-Zero AC cabs up a la Daytona for multiplayer races... sickness time!
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                              Originally posted by Saurian
                              BRING IT!

Oh aye... you just gotta be careful sometimes because it's far better doing other maneuvers round some corners than trying to slide

Imagine though... if you could connect F-Zero AC cabs up a la Daytona for multiplayer races... sickness time!
                              You can! up to 8

I know people that work for the company that will distribute it here, manz is gonna pass down the warehouse for some sickness (used to do the same on Pump It Up ^^)

Comment

Working...
                              X