Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendo VIP Stars???

How crap is NintedoVIP in the UK

I have saved up 3,660 stars and the only crap I can but is flippin screensavers and crappy wallpapers.

So I wanted to ask has anyone brought anything good off NintendoVIP?

There has been stuff, but you've had to have an almost zealous obsession to get something from it.

As always, it's Japan who get all the decent stuff from clubnintendo

Comment

I failed to get the Zelda Collection because I was on holiday and it sold out before I managed to get to an internets. But I did get Pokemon Box. Which is ... limited to say the least - hence it being still available when I checked. And that was that. I do feel a bit cheated, but it's somehow still quite rewarding to see my stars total go up when I stick the pin codes in.

Comment

How crap is NintedoVIP in the UK
        It's just as 'crap' elsewhere

Comment

when I first joined a last year or so ago they had some game boy advances up for grabs for like 8000 star points, and yes the site is useless now.

Comment

I got one of the limited edition Miyamoto signed Mario Posters and also got the Zelda disk which i sold.

I have built up about 3000 stars again but theres no way im spending it on screen savers.

Nintendo VIP shows the commitment that Nintendo Europe has to its gamers. In the USA and Japan they are getting exclusive controlers and i think even a limited edition gameboy advance SP was in the Jap catalogue. What do we get.... bloody screen savers.

Comment

I got Zelda and sod all else. It was free suppose can't complain. Its more than Sony or Microsoft have given me (well with consoles anyway).

Comment

Yeah i agree, the stuff i got was more than i have ever been given by Sony. However still feel a bit shafted when loking at what the japs and Yanks get.

Comment

I'm up to about 1870, which isn't bad considering. I was given a gamecube for free, and my housemate bought Mario Kart for it, and I've got the points from those, the rest are my own doing though

Gotta agree with you though, when I first heard about people getting all sorts of cool crap from it (namely the Zelda disc, and a poster) I thought it sounded great, now I'm actually registered though it's a bit of a let down to say the least. Screensavers pah.

I guess Ginger Tosser's right as well though; at least they're making some kind of effort.

Comment

I've got 3,900 or something, I've been searching the site today and there's bugger all worth getting. Maybe this will change with the release of the DS?

Don't the stars have a limited lifespan as well?

Comment

I got a Zelda audio CD with tracks from most Zelda games inc OoT and LttP
                      Also just managed to get the Zelda / Majora's Mask special edition.

Comment

I had Zelda Collectors Edition, but now have another 3000 and nothing to buy.

Comment

the most expensive thing i saw there recently was a golden sun windows media player for 200 odd stars.

Comment

I got the zelda disc and have 7,000+ stars again with nothing to spend them on.. getting the zelda disc was hell, when stuff goes on there and its decent its normally gone in an hour or so.. and they normally put it on there during the day on a weekday so people that actually work for a living and thus have disposible income cant get anything..

suppose it makes it more rewarding when you do get something.. :/ The zelda CD and a lot of other stuff on there are just left over free gifts that came with NOM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2097
                              The zelda CD and a lot of other stuff on there are just left over free gifts that came with NOM.
                              Seen off again!

Comment

Working...
                              X