Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The super potato store in tokyo?

Hi Guys

Have any of u guys been to the super potato store in japan?. It looks amazing a retro gamers dream and it has the Famicom cushions i want.

Comment

:|

I may be going to Japan this summer in which case I am getting a job to afford all that cool ****!

Comment

I went in the Super Potato in Osaka back in 2002 and was very impressed. I bought an N64 game while I was there and a poster on the wall caught my eye. It took me ages to make the sales assistant understand that I wanted it but when he got the idea he was really nice...he gave me the poster for free and even rolled it up and bound it very carefully before I took it away.

Very nice shop, very nice people.

Comment

Akk link no longer works.

Super potato store is that like Spud u like?

Comment

My link? It works fine.

Comment

so....RSG, mint ?30....I need to go to that shop in my life at some point.

Comment

I've been to the Super Potato in Akihabara. It was a strange experience. First off the bat you feel dumbstruck with all the retro goodness there, consoles and games crammed into any available space they can find. Incessant Famicom jingles playing into your ears and very narrow walkways make it an experience to remember. However after the initial shock it felt an empty place, not alot of worthwhile titles to mention and not alot of rare hardware (that MD Mega Adaptor still eluded me). I only bought an SFC adaptor and a strange video with old PC Engine adverts on it.

In all I think the Internet probably has more to offer in the way of actual hardware and software goods....but as an experience it certainly was a unique one. I also asked about the Famicom cushions but the girl behind the counter said they weren't for sale

Comment

Been in Osaka,great shop

Comment

The name is enough to make me shout " One way ticket to Japan please " 8)

Comment

heh, the on in Osakas Den den town was quality.

Heres a photie of the outside of the one in Osaka, for those intrested:

Comment

I`m so going there when I`m over there in June.
                        Love the tokyopia site

Comment

Been there a few times, although its Super Otaku place with no room to move form junk and its heavily overpriced compared to Trader and Softmap.

Comment

this makes wanna go to japan even more now, does anyone know why its called Super Potato ?

Comment

Because there mascot is a potato, its Japan mate. They don't need a reason. Its just "kawaiiiiiiiiii"

Comment

Working...
                              X