Thank you Flagship!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Flagship!

Now don't get me wrong, I love Zelda Minish Cap to bits but the design flaws bug the hell out of me! Getting 100% in games is a little obsession of mine, I like to see all the parts of the game I missed on my way to the last boss, gain some cool extra abilities, more items, whatever. I saved just before the fight with Vaati, sorted him out and then had the option to save at the end, so I did. The game starts again just before the last fight, so the story is at a standstill. I can't have the last house built as the cats have run away and the rich man is nowhere to be seen. No third charm for me. I've exhausted the kinstone fusions that I can do with the villagers that are there, if there were any in the library or around town then I am screwed. Looking at a guide it seems I missed a fusion with the king and his advisor, no luck though they don't see to be in the mood for that from the castle prisons. 18 fusions left and no way to complete them. and don't get me started on the figure lottery that takes aggeeeess, it's like Smash Brothers never happened.

Best game of 2004, too bad i'll need to make a new save to get 20 hearts.

There is no known way to build the third house and the fusion system is a little complicated in that even if you miss one, there will be someone else later in the game with whom you can fuse to unlock the same secret. This makes it difficult for anyone to compile an exhaustive guide to finding them all. My brother missed both of the fusions you listed yet when he finished the game, he had only 1 left to get.

I don't think you would need to start a new game. It's easy to miss fusions with some of the Minish that live in the little cracks and caves around the map. Some characters will fuse a second time with you if you go back and see them and other characters will fuse only after you have passed a certain point in the game. The one major thing you can definitely miss is the

Light Arrows

To be honest, I didn't like the implementation of the fusion system or the figurine collecting either even though I loved the main adventure.

Comment

Working...
    X