Xbox Converters - Want to run it all through pc setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox Converters - Want to run it all through pc setup

I'm rather new too all this, been using pc's for ages and got my xbox about a month before xmas. See it's all in my (very small) bedroom and space is a premium, I could afford to buy a big tele and 5.1 speakers and have it all hooked up but I'd be getting rather compact in here.

However, I do have a 17" TFT monitor (that uses standard VGA D-Sub 15pin connection) on my pc, as well as some Hercules XPS 5.100 surround speakers. I've seen these converter boxes too run my xbox on my tft, but I'm not too up on how exactly they work (I know they loop through, and as much of my understanding is that you can just flick between pc and xbox using a switch on the converter) but i'm not all sure about which one will support my tft, as i've read some issues about certain convertor's not supporting them.

Also, my 5.1 speakers are analogue...soo, ideally i'd like them to plug into a converter and then have the xbox and pc into that so it'll just use whatever is switched too as the input. it's using 3x3.5mm jacks, however it did come with the RCA/Phono plugs so it can go from the jacks to the 6 (3 red and 3 white) connections.

Any help on the matter, or suggestions for a converter too get would be greatly appreciated, i'll put the tft specs down at the bottom as I would imagine the hardest part of anyone who helps me is finding a converter that does the correct resolutions.

Cheers

LG Flatron L1710S
    17" 1280x1024 60hz-75hz (Lowest resolution = 800x600@60-75hz)
    VGA D-Sub 15-pin connection
Working...
X