Most expensive videogames?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most expensive videogames?

Hi guys, I'm doing some research on the worlds most expensive / rare videogames. I'm talking obscure Neo Geo carts that go for thousands, rare competition giveaways / unreleased games, that kinda thing. I couldn't find anything on the forums about this so I was wondering what the most expensive games available are or if there's a site I shold check out that covers this kinda thing. thanks

this topic has been covered couple of times in last 12 months or so, will find a link or two in a minute;

there was a very rare PAL NG cart sold for $10,000+ (USD) last year can't find link at mo, www.neo-geo.com has lists of "rough" game values and rarety etc.
    Last edited by VR46; 06-01-2005, 23:42.

Comment

Neo Geo Kizuna Encounter Super Tag Battel (Euro Ver) $11,000

Only a few copys in existence
      Last edited by Jakeway; 06-01-2005, 23:46. Reason: added more info

Comment

Neo Geo Kizuna Encounter Super Tag Battel (Euro Ver) $11,000

Only a few copys in existence
        Call me CRAAZY but i actually preffered it's predecessor Savage reign!

Comment

Strangely enough I've just submitted my final edit of an article about just this thing to RetroGamer this morning...
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I believe there are 4 confirmed copies of Kazuna in existance, from an estimated 10 in total.

Comment

Yeah the crazy thing about that game is that it isnt very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                Strangely enough I've just submitted my final edit of an article about just this thing to RetroGamer this morning...
                any chance of a sneek preview Mayhem ?

Comment

Oooo naughty... well some of the games you might be able to guess are in there, along with plenty you probably had no clue about.

The list does include: Kizuna Encounter, Ultima Mount Drash, Video Life, Rakugaki Showtime and Tetris (you should be able to figure out which one).

As for Kizuna Encounter, I actually found it quite a decent game (flatmate at uni had a NeoGeo) but when you consider the price of it is really just for English packaging (as the game is a dual language switcher based on the NG setting) then it becomes silly.
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Kizuna is a great game. Getting 30+ hit combos in that game is a damn site more staisfying than any Marvel Vs Capcom BS. Great music and backgrounds, i wish i could afford it ; even with the brilliant exchange rate the JPN version is still around ?300.

Comment

Working...
                    X