• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Electric_Boogaloo
    All of the above and...

Super Aleste on the Super Famicom
    Damn you beat me to it!!
    I have such fond memories of that game... got it years ago and me and a mate spent the whole weekend playing that and Contra 3 nonstop. Totally underrated shooter is Super Aleste plus the boss sound bytes were often hilarious!

Comment

Tatsujin (Truxton). Action packed on the arcade version and excellent conversions on both the Megadrive and the PC Engine. Very nice blue laser.
      An awesome game made by one of the late great developers, in particular the MD version was superb.

Other fav's

Super Aleste (Space Megaforce)
      Donpachi
      Soukyugurentai
      Nebulasray
      V-5 (Grindstormer)
      Final Soldier

Though there's some odd titles listed here such as Kingdom Grandprix, rare but good? I'm not certain, a nice idea but doesn't translate well into a game. Oh and Gun Frontier, seemed a bit bland to me?

Comment

Another great one was SWIV and Super SWIV. Quite old, but god did these look great at the time.

Sequel to the horizontal shooter Silkworm, which had both a jeep and a helicopter to control, it was the perfect combination for cooperative play.

Make's me dribble thinking about them all

Comment

What about macros and macros plus

Comment

Some more:

Sonic Wings Special (Video System)
            Copy/P: https://www.arcadeflyers.com/flyers/.../151491801.jpg

Shienryu (Warashi)
            Copy/P: www.arcadeflyers.com/flyers/sega/16310301.jpg

Zanac Neo (Compile)

Comment

Meh, in all these threads, my fave vertical scrolling shoot-em-up never gets a mention.

Swiv on the Amiga.

Absolute blast.

A continuous long level getting progressively harder, big bosses, two player with one as the helicopter one as the jeep/speedboat, this game rocked. And it was so hard.

I think I clocked 98% of it, but that was my best.

What a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Electric_Boogaloo
                Another great one was SWIV and Super SWIV. Quite old, but god did these look great at the time.

Sequel to the horizontal shooter Silkworm, which had both a jeep and a helicopter to control, it was the perfect combination for cooperative play.

Make's me dribble thinking about them all
                I wrote my above post, then saw this.

Where's the oops, I'm such an idiot emoticon when you need it?

Comment

Why has no one mentioned Psyvariar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

SWIV was certainly great, I especially liked how the developers streamed the levels of the disk. Other faves include most of the PC-Engine games mentioned above (no mention of Toilet Kids though!), Tatsujin, and of course the mighty Ikaruga.

Comment

Originally posted by wazy15
                      Why has no one mentioned Psyvariar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Probably cause we're in the retro folder...

Comment

I've just started to play Dodonpachi properly man this game is intense!!
                        Anyone got any high scores or max chains for me to try and beat?(arcade version)

Comment

i like rrounder and NOIZ2SA off ABA games rrounder is brilliant it's got ikaruga and psyvariar versions

Comment

Working...
                          X