Ultimate Consumer Gaming Setups & Environments Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultimate Consumer Gaming Setups & Environments Thread

i've done some research to find an appropriate setup that fits both for my steel battalion controller and for my logitech gran turismo driving wheel and came upon some really sexy looking consumer products.

thought it would be a nice idea to share it with you. feel free to post any consumer setup i missed - there should still be many.
    Attached Files

yeah there are some neat seats and stuff out thetr - its cool to see people work on this stuff. I'm using a reclining seat that has a swing table attached and a fanatec keyboard for PC gaming that has a lap style stand - works really well.

Neil.

Comment

wish I'd kept those links of the Americans/Japansese guys who have rooms set up like cockpits for their Flight Sims, talking about 15 monitors set up horizontally to simulate the cockpit window, joysticks and buttons galore etc etc etc

Someone must have the links ......

Comment

the flight cockpit simulator as well as the official Steel Battalion cockpit (the one with the red seat) can be purchased from Saitek USA: http://store.yahoo.com/saitekusa/cosi.html

the flight cockpit for $99 sounds reasonable for me! unfourtunately they don't seem to ship to europe! too bad.

does anyone know where to purchase this kind of stuff in Europe or the UK?

Comment

This one is alright, about $60...

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
            This one is alright, about $60...

http://www.capitoldiecast.com/ExclusiveOffer.html
            interesting, have you purchased one? if so, what's the quality like - it doesen't seem to be too solid?

also, the price seems reasonable but how much is shipping overseas?

Comment

I don't have one, I reckon it isn't up to the abuse but comments on other forums say otherwise -- there is a thread on SB.org, you should see it now you're a member

I'm all right with my desk, tbh.

Comment

Currently have a Steel Battalion demo pod that Microsoft/Capcom used to demostrate the game sitting around in storage... It was too big so we have a custom unit built which houses the controllers and pedals perfectly and has a surround sound decoder built in and with a projector behind you then you do get the ultimate Steel Battalion experience.

Comment

Wanna sell it? I'll give you -?1 for it

Comment

Originally posted by MD
                    Currently have a Steel Battalion demo pod that Microsoft/Capcom used to demostrate the game sitting around in storage... It was too big so we have a custom unit built which houses the controllers and pedals perfectly and has a surround sound decoder built in and with a projector behind you then you do get the ultimate Steel Battalion experience.

please take a pic and post!

Comment

Anybody here have any feedback on these kind of things? I was thinking of splashing out on a couple driving chairs like, one that has something I can clamp **** too rather than a fixed wheel.

Might buy that SB stand though, that $70 one I linked above. Looks like I could use it for both SB and a wheel.

Comment

Build your own virtual cockpit!
                        I attached a picture of my construction.
                        Although it?s designed for the DFP wheel, it can probably also be used for that Steel Battalion controller - with a little modification.
                        The seat is from a Honda CRX and still alows for adjustments using the sliders (forth and back, plus tilt).
                        It?s very comfortable, so you could also watch a DVD or TV in it. (well, a sofa is still preferable)
                        Also, it is a modular design that is made up of three individual parts - for easier transportation.
                        The downside is that it?s not the prettiest thing to have in any room, but it?s functional.
                        Attached Files

Comment

the prototype play asia cab is amazing - I want now!!

Comment

In the past I have had some quality Halo sessions using a projector borrowed from work. That option has now unfortunatly disappeared and I am thinking of splashing out for beamer. Have spotted on in the new Argos catalogue for ?599 with a free screen. Its a Hitachi LCD and am v tempted! Anyone any ideas how much life you can get out one of these before they die? Heard once it was about 400 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Balou
                              Build your own virtual cockpit!
                              I attached a picture of my construction.
                              Although it?s designed for the DFP wheel, it can probably also be used for that Steel Battalion controller - with a little modification.
                              The seat is from a Honda CRX and still alows for adjustments using the sliders (forth and back, plus tilt).
                              It?s very comfortable, so you could also watch a DVD or TV in it. (well, a sofa is still preferable)
                              Also, it is a modular design that is made up of three individual parts - for easier transportation.
                              The downside is that it?s not the prettiest thing to have in any room, but it?s functional.
                              good work, Balou! how long did it take you to build the thing?

if you are not happy with the aethetics you can easily give it a fresh look with the help of a little paint! i suggest black for the wooden parts to give the construction a more homogen look.

Comment

Working...
                              X