This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NeilMcRae
    Did your mum help you with the spelling for that?
    I have a 9 yr old boy on the phone. He says, can he have his schoolyard retort back, Neil?

but they, like Sega did in the DC days, think that the brand is enough to keep them alive and I hope they learn quickly that it isn't.
    What in the world of **** does that mean? I mean, come on. I assume, as they still make them, that they think profits from game sales will keep them alive. The gamecube has been home to its fair share of 'must haves' in this generation. The DS, while not as aesthetically impressive, or as powerful as the PSP, has been selling very well and has some entertaining looking games on the horizon. Granted, the marketing of the gamecube has been dire, and it's lost out to the XB and PS2 badly but I think its a bit early to start sounding the death knell for Nintendo, isnt it?

Oh, and comeon Neil, youre the biggest Sony fanboy there is (before you suggest I am a rabid Nintendo fanboy - im not, but ifyou throw enough mud, it sticks. Id hate a gaming market without Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft theyve all delivered some amazing gaming experiences in one way or another)

Comment

like Sega did in the DC days, think that the brand is enough to keep them alive
      DENIED!

The DC suffered from two things; 1. A ****load of pirates, 2. A lack of cash for Sega to throw at it because they blew all their money on the Saturn. Your argument is just wrong, because Sega suffocated their own, very respected brand with the whole 32X/Saturn thing. Dreamcast wasn't so afflicted with that because it was Sega's rebirth and they had admitted their mistakes - and everyone was a lot happier developing for it and buying it.

Brand is definiately enough to keep anyone alive. Just look at Sony and EA.

Segabase says it all - Piracy was the main reason the DC never turned a profit. Take that for what you will.
      Last edited by hankwangford; 26-01-2005, 08:44.

Comment

Do not feed the troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarkster
          What in the world of ****

That's made my day. I want to live in the world of ****

Comment

It's about time this thread descended into a plehtora of entertaining images, isn't it?

Bad thread + fanboy arguments = Google Image Search

Comment

Im surprised it hasnt, normally that happens around page 4. In any case I think all has been said that needs to be said, not a big fan of threads like this on our board tbh so Ill close it. As usual, if anyone has anything they wish to add to this (!!) then PM me and Ill see what I can do.

Comment

Working...
              X