Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will we see handhelds as consoles?

just thinking about this,

everyone refers to the psp and the ds as handhelds, from this generation on with the gameplay and the graphics comparable to those of home based consoles, should we now reconise them as just consoles?

for me no, you can't beat playing a game on a large screen with preferably surround sound.

Handheld is still a completely different market for me, I don't want to play sprawling 60 hour RPGs on them, I jus want quick simple fun games that I can put on and get just as much out of be it a 2 minute session or a couple of hours. Games like Virtua Tennis would be mint on PSP come to think of it

Back in the early 90s handhelds had equal graphics to their home console counterparts, the GameGear was a slightly beefed up Master System and the Lynx boasted its 16bit power. Both were capable of visuals at least on Par with 8bit home consoles, and 16bit systems were only just entering the market.

They're jus different sides of the same coin (to nick the phrase :P)
    Last edited by MikeRox; 23-01-2005, 14:13.

Comment

to me handhelds have always been consoles anyway

i think that with the psp and ds games looking so good on a handheld people will start to think of them more as consoles as the graphics may validate the machines as consoles

thats the way people look at machines a lot of the time after all

Comment

Working...
      X