It has begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah hardly....
    Unless of course you put yourself in the shoes of some poor guy who paid ?350 for one on import a month ago and that happens.
    All that cash for a quality product but it just so happens you land one of the 0.6% crap faulty models, gutting.
    Last edited by Family Fry; 25-01-2005, 19:09.

Comment

Originally posted by gameindustry.bix
      Originally Posted by gamesindustry.biz
      Kutaragi revealed that around 4,800 PlayStation Portables have been returned for repair since the console launched last month - around 0.6 per cent of the shipped units of the system..
      he also said that the PSP was going to be region free so travellers can buy games whereever they go,
      he also said that the ps2 pad was perfect.

he most likely convieniently had the figures from a week after its release.

Comment

The PSP, for games, is not region free?

Comment

Originally posted by Super Stu
          The PSP, for games, is not region free?
          It'll be about as region free as the Xbox IMHO.

The first rule of gaming is that you do NOT trust Sony. The second rule of gaming is that YOU DO NOT TRUST SONY.

Comment

I must admit I thought it was region free, is this the case or is it locked(any links etc)

Comment

Originally posted by hankwangford
              It'll be about as region free as the Xbox IMHO.

The first rule of gaming is that you do NOT trust Sony. The second rule of gaming is that YOU DO NOT TRUST SONY.
              I don't think Publishers will be that foolish. They'll know the PSP's key selling point, (being able to take a powerful handheld wherever you choose) would be harmed, and thus potentially hit sales. It contradicts the whole point of having a handheld, if you're not able to use it or buy software for it on the move. Considering it's designed for that purpose.

Comment

I'm just not convinced Concept. I appreciate that point, of course, but we haven't heard the line from Sony Europe yet - who as we know, are notoriously anti-import.

Regardless I'm taking no chances; I'll wait for a US one.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo-V6
                  I must admit I thought it was region free, is this the case or is it locked(any links etc)
                  Gamespot has an interview with a technical person from Sony where they confirm that actually, there is region coding for games after all, but that they're not using it "for now".

Second question from bottom:

Comment

Working...
                  X