My xbox pad is fruitier than yours...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My xbox pad is fruitier than yours...

being in a fairly creative mood today i decided to make a boring old black xbox pad s a different colour. flourescent pink to be precise.

does anyone else feel the urge to needlessly spraypaint/deface/modify their console gear? anyone got any piccies to the most outrageous mods they've ever seen? (i'm thinking along the lines of the escalade pc and millennium falcon xbox).

show your works if you have any.

I've got a CDi that somebody spraypainted silver.

Er...

Comment

topic has been updated with the finished pictures... have to say i really like this pad!

Comment

Looks better made up than the first pictures.

I like

What type of paint did you use?

Comment

I like it too. Any coating on top for chip resistance?

Comment

plastic primer, basic car paint (in a lovely flouro pink) and a few coats of lacquer... easy peasy, hard bit is taking the pad apart and putting it back together (and trying not to get paint on everything)

i acquired all the paint and my painting 'booth' (an ex bike box) from my local friendly halfords store... ?9.98 for 3 cans of paint and a free box, beautiful.

edit: chip resistance? as many coats of lacquer as you desire, obviously more is better, i generally do 3/4, making sure i get EVERY part of the pad.

Comment

I am thinking a nice deep blue for mine

Did you have to remove the colour already on the pad or did you just spray the primer straight on?

I might even do my whole xbox....you have given me more things to spend money on...GOOD JOB

Comment

pad is just a standard 's' pad... i clean it with soap and water to get rid of any grease, popped it into my 'spray booth' and hit it with the plastic primer. you're supposed to leave the primer to dry for 15/20 minutes between coats but i never do, if it's touch dry it's good to go.

obviously the whiter the pad is, the better/lighter the top coat will be, as it's bright pink it needed to be a proper coating of primer. once i was happy with how white it was i got to work with the top coat, again waiting for it to be touch dry.

***top tip, spray cans ideally should be at room temperature, i was spraying in the garage where it's cold. so before i got down to spraying i left the cans in a bucket of warm water to heat them up a bit, makes for a nice smooth coating.***

then the lacquer, it's fairly hard to see where you've sprayed but if you're methodical you can get it all covered with minimal stress. i put 3/4 coats on mine again waiting for it to dry before slapping more on.

Comment

shame you can't get a Burberry paint straight out of the can .......

Comment

Originally posted by davidholliss
                    shame you can't get a Burberry paint straight out of the can .......
                    no but hobby stores sell 'chrome' paint...

Comment

Thanks for that guide dude. I will pick up my colours and report back with the results and maybe post a few pics.

You have no idea how much I want to chrome my whole xbox

Comment

Really like it. Big fan of hot pink. I'd have one that color and one in fluorescent green. In fact I'd probably make the bottom half of the one you've done green (the part of yours that's still black), and vice versa on a second pad.

If only I trusted myself with a spray can.

Comment

You have a woman's controller m'lord...

I can appreciated you dedication and work, but might pass myself. Would be too much of a shocker for 3am gaming.

Comment

Well, that's one way to solve my Orange Cube lust. Hmm...

Comment

That is beautiful

Comment

Working...
                              X