This is the thread where we discuss the general greatness of Dan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the thread where we discuss the general greatness of Dan

Ah, it's been a long time since I've had a proper session of any form of two player SF Alpha, but I always remember the sort of arguments that cropped up. "No, don't use Dan again!" "Aw, it's not fair if you're going to play with Dan!" "Let's keep things fair, nobody is allowed to be Dan!" "If you're Dan again I'm going home, you dirty cheat"

I'm not sure I even understand if you've ever played this game and Dan wasn't your favourite character. We all know it's not totally fair to play as Dan, but who can resist "the Strongest" ?

Dan has the pink gi of doom. That's good enough for me, even without his taunt.

Comment

Dan's great because he's ****.

His Super Taunt in Pocket Fighter is worth the price alone.

Comment

haha, Dan is the ****, i love his reverse firecracker on MvC2...

Comment

PREMIUM SIGN!

Whoops.

Comment

This reminds me of that one time I dressed up as Link and went in to my garden and made a bow and arrow out of twigs.

That was awesome.

Comment

That guy dressed as Gutsu from Beserk has my undying respect.

Love the tin-foil coated Dragon Slayer, too.

Comment

Comment

That is the funniest **** i've seen on the internet. The cosplay Dan pwns all others!!!

Comment

Wasnt he meant to be a piss-take of Robert Gacia

Comment

He was meant to be a piss-take of SNK's 'capcom-copycat' characters in general, I think.

That's what makes him so great!!!

Comment

Yeah he's a mix of Robert Garcia and Mr.Karate (is his name Taka or something?) with probably some Ryo thrown in. It was a nice touch in SNK vs Capcom when he encounters Mr.Karate and Dan thinks he has found his father.

I agree that Dan rules all.

Dogg.

Comment

OYAJIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiii!! ;'D <Pose>

I hope they make a CvS3... With Dan vs Shingo!

Originally posted by Suedey
                          Ah, it's been a long time since I've had a proper session of any form of two player SF Alpha, but I always remember the sort of arguments that cropped up. "No, don't use Dan again!" "Aw, it's not fair if you're going to play with Dan!" "Let's keep things fair, nobody is allowed to be Dan!" "If you're Dan again I'm going home, you dirty cheat"
                          Either your mates were really poo...or you are really good to make someone say that dan is a cheat xD. Played. Thats Dan's whole charm...he is so underpowered, and has crap priority that getting a win with him is the ultimate PWN.

/me looks at Tom for getting a Double Perfect against his Ken on Zero 3.
                          Last edited by jassi singh; 17-02-2005, 16:44.

Comment

Am I going to get in trouble for bumping this? I know it wasn't the most popular conversation out there but I still feel there is much to explore with regards to the "general greatness of Dan."

Now in 2007, what can we learn from Dan?

Comment

what a coincidence, i was making a dan mii just last night...its a bit crap though.

Comment

Working...
                              X