Kameo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kameo

Can anybody tell me what happened to Kameo (from Rare). I liked the look of it on Gamecube and it was the game that i would buy an Xbox for however i can't seam to find out if it is still on the cards.

Has it beed axed?

Also what happened to Perfect Dark Zero?

Last I heard, Kameo had been indefinitely delayed. It's still up on www.rareware.com, so I'm guessing it's still in development.
    As for Perfect Dark Zero, everyone thinks it's going to be an Xbox 2 launch title for several reasons:
    1) Xbox 2 needs a high-profile FPS title. PD0 could be it.
    2) Rare have stated that they don't make a lot of money releasing a game in the finishing stages of a system's life, and thus they're wary about releasing too much stuff on the Xbox.
    3) MS have been bandying about a survey a while back suggesting it would be on the next Xbox, and with some minor plot details.

Comment

It's Rare. It won't be finished until at least 2012.

Comment

You know for sure that all of Rare's efforts are on Conker. They are useless at scheduling and project management. Once Conker is finished (this summer) they will carry on working with Kameo and/or PD0, so one of those 2 will be out on XBOX2 in 2007, with the other following in 2008/9.

Comment

Kameo was briefly on display during last years E3. I'd expect more news on it in May

Comment

Here's the last thread on this: Kameo delayed indefinitely. Well, "indefinately", but I couldn't bring myself to type that

Comment

If Perfect Dark turns out to be whak I'm going to kill myself. Seriously.

Comment

If PerfectDarkZero is crap I will erect a gravestone with the word RARE engraved in the cold stone.

Comment

It will surely be a killer title.

Comment

the killer of rare's dignity and respect?
                    They haven't got much left after the whole grabbed by the ghoulies nonsense.
                    Nintendo are laughing their head off right now I bet. Maybe thats how nintendo plan on making money, they get a little development studio, send in the japanese guys, then roll out a couple of amazing games.
                    They then sell the company for 360 million quid to some plonkers who thinks that they can make good games.
                    then it starts again, with another company

Thats what I'd like to think.

Recently Nintendo aquired N-space who are making Geist, they have previously been responsible for all time genre classics such as

Mary-Kate & Ashley: Sweet Sixteen
                    Die Hard Trilogy 2
                    and
                    Rugrats: Search for Reptar

Nintendo have got kuju (Reign of fire and Fireblade) entrusted to Advance wars on the cube.

Comment

I have been bigging up Geist i do not think Nintendo would get something that wrong.
                      I can see what they saw in the game and have a feeling that it will do very well review wise, however with it being on the Cube will it even sell 10,000 copies?

Its a shame to hear about Kameo, TBH i know Nintendo were right to sell Rare and i was one of the only people that supported it at the time, but do feel that the Gamecube is lacking that something from Rare (Starfox Adventures isnot included).

Personally Kuju have a hell of a lot to prove to me as Reign of fire was awful IMO, i never played Fireblade (never even heard of it).

I have more time for N-space yeah they have put out games aimed at kids but they were just doing what they were paid to do surely? geist is the big chance for them. If not Nintendo could always sell them to EA

Comment

I'm really looking forward to geist too, but what I was saying is that I think its more nintendos support than the actual dev studio that will make it any good

Comment

Yeah, i don't think it will just be the help from Nintendo that will help Geist as it had to have something solid for it to interest Nintendo in the first place.

Comment

did it happen that way round or did nintendo buy them first?
                            i think nintendo have the ability to see the potential, and then to make it happen

Comment

Just incase no one knew Geist was recently given a release date of May 23rd by NoA, meaning its apparently only 2 months away, feels like i aint seen anything new in a while. Was it E3 last year it was shown then....nothing more??

Comment

Working...
                              X