No announcement yet.

extended play of Fable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, it was a great game. The point I was making is that my own expectations were excessively high, which does the game an injustice when you finally come to play it.

Does anyone ever think it would be nice to buy, say, the next Mario game without having seen a single glimpse of it? Like, not even a screenshot.

I think it would prove quite refreshing.

Comment

Originally posted by DSD
      Does anyone ever think it would be nice to buy, say, the next Mario game without having seen a single glimpse of it? Like, not even a screenshot.

I think it would prove quite refreshing.
      This is what happened to me with Resident Evil 4 and it ended up being one of the best action games I have ever played. It is our own fault when games dont meet our expectations :P we are a fickle lot, hehe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mardigan8
        This is what happened to me with Resident Evil 4 and it ended up being one of the best action games I have ever played. It is our own fault when games dont meet our expectations :P we are a fickle lot, hehe!!
        Well you know, I gobbled up every last screenshot and impression of RE4 before it came out, and it was still fantastic. But wow, imagine if I'd just bought it thinking it was just going to another traditional RE game, not even knowing about the revamp, the setting, the villagers!

Then again, is the anticipation part of the fun too?

Comment

I don't think any other game has ever given the impression that you are totally in control of your fate like fable does. The rescuing the boy from the hobbie cave was one of my favourite missions, it gave me a sense of danger that so few games have done while trying to get this vunerable kid out of a cave littered with hobbies. Pure magic. Also the white balverine quest was excellent, and of course the arena fight kicked ass.

But theres just so many little events also like when you try helping this bloke but its a trap and your set upon by bandits. Or when people cheer for you when you defeat a beast, or react to your mere presence depending on how your character has progressed, this all just makes the fable world seem more believeable.

Comment

Originally posted by DSD

Then again, is the anticipation part of the fun too?
            Of course it is... the desperate phone calls to your indie game store scrambling for a copy ASAP!! But every now and again it is good to have something unexpected appear and be available right away with no knowlege of what it holds!! Resi done this and blew me away!! Fable was tracked from day 1 so I knew what was getting left out... to be honest the game lost none of its appeal and was great fun to play!! I will continue to swallow up everything I can on upcoming games, the excitement is too much

Comment

Originally posted by evilmatt
              Looks like the PC version gets all that cut content put right back in - Fable: The Lost Chapters
              any chance of these being available to download via live?

Comment

Originally posted by evilmatt
                Looks like the PC version gets all that cut content put right back in
                What makes you think that all the new content in the PC version is stuff that was cut from the Xbox one, as opposed to new stuff added a la KoToR?

Comment

Working...
                X