Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Dad just ordered a DS!

With Mario. And I'm very confused.

He's always been dead snobby about videogames. Telling me I should be reading books and stuff. Then he had the briefest of brief goes on Yoshi a few weeks ago and is now seemingly converted.

It must be the touchscreen.

Nice one. As I said on another thread, my Mum was well impressed with Touch Wario when she had a go on it.

I think you're spot on about the touchscreen; that and the mic should make it far easier to play games on it and thus more accessible to non-gamers.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurch
      With Mario. And I'm very confused.

He's always been dead snobby about videogames. Telling me I should be reading books and stuff. Then he had the briefest of brief goes on Yoshi a few weeks ago and is now seemingly converted.

It must be the touchscreen.
      And so it begins.

Seriously my Mum is well impressed and seriously thinking about getting a DS as is my non handheld playing mate and my girlfriend.

Comment

I'm having visions of shopping together at Game and the like. And buying HIM games for christmas!

Looking forward to some 2 player DS action at last. Even though it'll be no contest for a while. He said he didn't want to play any more on mine cos the intructions are all in Japanese. He has to read the instructions for everything.

Comment

My son has never bought a games machine cos he always used mine!

He is 21 now, and I am 46 and have bought every machine on the planet over the last 3 decades, so you parents are just catching up! (and yes I do have a PSP, GC, PS2, XBOX, PC, GBA, DS, Super Famicom, N64, Dreamcast, Saturn, Game Boy Light (rare), Megardrive and others stuck in the loft, and have sold Jaguer, PC Engine, 3Do, Spectrum, C64, Amiga, Neo Geo CD and Console etc etc.. )

Tell your parents to lighten up and get gaming!

Comment

Originally posted by jim g
            My son has never bought a games machine cos he always used mine!

He is 21 now, and I am 46 and have bought every machine on the planet over the last 3 decades, so you parents are just catching up! (and yes I do have a PSP, GC, PS2, XBOX, PC, GBA, DS, Super Famicom, N64, Dreamcast, Saturn, Game Boy Light (rare), Megardrive and others stuck in the loft, and have sold Jaguer, PC Engine, 3Do, Spectrum, C64, Amiga, Neo Geo CD and Console etc etc.. )

Tell your parents to lighten up and get gaming!
            No offense but my parents are 'considerably older than yow'. I'm close to your age than they are to you. My mum has to get her 'reading glasses' from her bedside table when she plays.

Comment

Your dad is soooo cool!!!

Comment

I'm also speaking for the cool dad's - my 4 year old has the pick of 18 consoles and 12 handhelds dating back to my Youth and he's already a dab hand at Minna No Golf on the PSP.
                Respect your elders, we play hard.............

Comment

Have I just inadvertently insulted lots of older gamers? Oops. It's not about his age (he's 61) anyway, just that he's my dad!

Comment

Working...
                  X