Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

metroid prime 2 ?

Play.com have MP2E for ?18.
    just wondered how it fairs compared to the first one, and is it worth getting??
    cheers

Its more of the same, and I loved it.

If you liked the first one, you'll have no problems with it.

Comment

get it, at ?30 its a great price, ?18 is a bargin

Comment

Currently sold out

Comment

I think that it's the best gamecube game to date, and improves on everything that prime had to offer in so many ways. A genuine must-own.

Comment

wooo can't wait to get home for an play it over easter then 6 days to go

Comment

Best game in 4 years.

Comment

I've still got this along with Viewtiful Joe 2 and Paper Mario 2 to unwrap and start.

I loved Prime, can't wait till easter break myself ^_^

Crunchie Easter Egg and Prime 2 = win!

Comment

I have played a little way into metroid prime 2, and it does seem ok, but from what I saw I prefered the first MP, ?18 sounds a good price though.

Comment

A very good game no doubt, but still suffers from the various flaws of the original.

Worth picking up, but only if you liked the original.

Comment

great game! I've you enjoyed the 1st one you will fur sure enjoy the 2nd !

Comment

Originally posted by TheForce
                        great game! I've you enjoyed the 1st one you will fur sure enjoy the 2nd !
                        that's not for sure! i loved Metroid Prime and finished it. but some questionable design decisions make the second game overly difficult and frustrating:

1. nearly next to never you can save your game before encountering a boss fight

2. fighting foes and bosses is far from enjoyable this time, fights take too long and are too difficult

3. again a lot of backtracking and aimless wandering because it can take up to 1 hour before the next hint on the map appears

4. controls are inprecise, especially in morph ball mode and the lock on doesn't work sometimes

5. getting some extra energy containers early in the game to make surviving easier is not possible because of unattainable equipment

i only know very few people who had the nerves to complete the game.

Comment

point 1 - 5 only prove one thing, the game is to difficult for you ..... I had no trouble at all playing this game, it's no more difficult than the first one, A mate of mine also completed it without any serious problems.

Comment

I got it for crimbo and played it.

It has one of the best and most atmospheric openings to any videogame but I really dident like the light / dark worlds approach. You can't explore as openly as prime and it's not as pretty!

Get the original. It's harder to find but cheaper and in my opinion better

Comment

I am the only person I know (in real life) that completed it. Everyone else gave up on it. Some of those people loved, and completed the first game.

I thought it was an amazing game, and really enjoyed it. However, a couple of areas which were annoying..

- The backtracking at the end. A blatant attempt at increasing game length. It was almost too much.
                              - One boss fight stood out as having what can only be describbed as a cunty save point before it. A very cool boss, but could be fiddly if you weren't sure about it, and the punishment was the distance and work you have to do to get to the boss

Spider Ball Boss

Beautiful game, but certainly not for the faint hearted..

Comment

Working...
                              X