DS/GBA data transfer - possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DS/GBA data transfer - possible?

Just thinking about this after going back to Pokemon Ruby, only this time with the cart plugged into the DS.

Now, I know that you can't link a DS to a GBA, but what I was wondering was if the fact that you can play GBA games with yr fancy new handheld means that it's theoretically possible to transfer data between a GBA cart and a DS card just by having them both in the relevant slots? So you could go out and buy a copy of Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, stick Ruby or whatever into the GBA cart slot, then shift all your old monsters across into the new game in one go.

Likely? Not?

Mods, feel free to move this to Q&A if you want. I just figured that if this is something which the machine supports we could maybe get some discussion going about what other uses it might have.

Well theres a few DS games that utilise both slots.

Sawaru made in wario has a extra movie if you insert mawaru made in wario.

Feel the magic has extra items to dress the woman in depending on which
    sega gba game you insert.

Pokemon dash has extra courses if you insert pokemon lg/fr/emerald.

Comment

Ah. See, I didn't even know if it recognised that there was a GBA cart inserted once you'd chosen to play a DS game - thought that maybe that functionality was shut down once the DS game was booted. Excellent. That's half-way there, at least.

Comment

Hmm... I of course can't give you a definite answer, but, if like importaku says, the games can acknowledge other versions of the game, then it may be possible. The only thing that I would question in Pokemon, is the method of transfer. It's one thing to recognise a game, but to be able to load two games simultaniously and transfer information is much more complicated. Just look at transfering pokemon for example... you have to go through all that saving, connecting protocol... Taking pokemon from and older game and putting it into a newer game sounds... possible (although I have no information on the practicalities of it), but how could you move the pokemon from the new game into the old ones, unless there is protocol to do as such...

Comment

Would be cool as ****, mind!

Comment

I though of this a while ago when i completed Golden Sun 2 and it gave me a clear save - glad it's being implemented, tis a great idea

Comment

Working...
            X