Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sega classics collection

Is anyone getting this next week?
    It's only ?13 from videogameplus and after playing it, it's pretty damn good value for money. I wouldn't really buy the Japanese versions, but having a large amount on one compilation is real value for money.

Are these the same versions that are part of the 'sega ages' range? If so thats incredibly good value.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince
      Are these the same versions that are part of the 'sega ages' range? If so thats incredibly good value.
      Yes, they are the remakes that appeared recently in Japan. Sony of America felt they were poor value for money individually, which prompted Sega to release them this way. I'm not sure whether they include the original arcade games, but it's still very good value for money and well worth a purchase.

Comment

Virtua Racing makes it worth the price alone but some of the others in the collection are shockingly poor (Golden Axe and Space Harrier, I'm looking at you).

The Sega Ages 2500 releases in Japan didn't contain the original games so I would think it doubtful they would be here.

Oh, and Fighting Vipers is due soon. Hopefully it will make up for the shockingly poor job they did with Virtua Fighter 2.

Comment

Originally posted by C'
          Virtua Racing makes it worth the price alone but some of the others in the collection are shockingly poor (Golden Axe and Space Harrier, I'm looking at you).

The Sega Ages 2500 releases in Japan didn't contain the original games so I would think it doubtful they would be here.

Oh, and Fighting Vipers is due soon. Hopefully it will make up for the shockingly poor job they did with Virtua Fighter 2.
          I thought Space Harrier was fine. I can't say I'm too happy about the powerups in it, but the gameplay is as solid as ever.

Anyway, compilations always have a few duffers in them

Comment

Wow, preordering for sure.

Virtua Racing looks stunning, and even Outrun didn't look half bad.
            Slightly less impressed with Space Harrier, but I was very fond of the original... the movies on Gamespot show it may have lost much of it's original feel for me, but I'd love to be proven otherwise.

Seeing the Golden Axe remake just had me thinking... SoR remakes please Sega =(

Comment

Is this the US release we're talking about? Any chance of a PAL version?

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
                Is this the US release we're talking about? Any chance of a PAL version?
                Yes it is mate, I can't give you a release date though.

Comment

Working...
                X