I need the Summer to be quiet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need the Summer to be quiet.

So many decent titles have been released in the first 3 months of the year I can't keep up - unless 36 hour days become the norm, I won't get through what I have let alone contemplate new titles.

I have to say I'm hoping for a gaming drought this Summer, just for a couple of months so I can play catch up - then back to a full on Winter.

Anyone else? Or should I hang my head in shame?

You selfish bastard!

Sorry that was a tad harsh, but I just want the quality to keep coming - I know I'm never gonna get to play all of the great games that we will be hit with and was just thinking earlier that this summer I need to get out in the sun more. Doesn't mean they shouldn't be born! How dare you sir!

I intend to fully abuse my DS this summer so that when the PSP launches later in the year I wont feel so bad about showing the Sony some love and leaving the DS at home. Although the sunlight could present problems with the DS screen I would imagine?
    Last edited by spagmasterswift; 23-03-2005, 16:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff D
      So many decent titles have been released in the first 3 months of the year I can't keep up - unless 36 hour days become the norm, I won't get through what I have let alone contemplate new titles.

I have to say I'm hoping for a gaming drought this Summer, just for a couple of months so I can play catch up - then back to a full on Winter.

Anyone else? Or should I hang my head in shame?
      I'm the same really. In the past few summers there haven't exactly been a ton of quality games released IIRC and I hope this continues this summer. I want to go into the next gen with a clean slate, so I want to try and finish of all the games in my backlog. I might not even buy a nextgen console at launch(which is something I've never done before).

Comment

I'm seriously thinking of just skipping (or at least postponing (?)) the next-gen just to give titles like Ikaruga, Psyvariar, VF, Phantom Brave etc. the playing time they deserve. They're the tip of a giant Iceberg that just don't melt.

I picked up FFTactics the other day and after brief play I can easily see myself loosing an entire summer to just that PSone (!) game. It's a hopeless situation.

Comment

I've been 'catching up' since I put down F-Zero GX.

Not really played many new releases at all. I've been on the PSone mainly cutting through RPGs like they are bamboo stalks.

FF Tactics is very nice up until a point mate... then it'll royally piss you off.

Comment

Just don't buy Next Gen consoles in first 6 months and it will allow you to clear back log and then pick the cream of next gen console.

Comment

Same with me a quite summer games wise would give me a chance to catch up on the games i've yet to finnish and try some that I never got round to.
              Either that or i'm going to take some times of console games and just play my DS over the summer to have a bit of a break and do other things.

Also it comes to the point where you have to think that theres no need toplay all the games people rave about and if you don't play certain games then its not that bigger loss.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
                FF Tactics is very nice up until a point mate... then it'll royally piss you off.
                Well said - keep as many saves as possible saves across a large period of game time!

Comment

Thanks for the warning guys. Probably means I have to find an extra mc though, damn.

Comment

Working...
                  X