No announcement yet.

Official DS Accessories thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok... so i finally got around to removing my hori ds screen protector this weekend, with mixed results.

first off, removing the protector leaves no residue whatsoever. i know nothing about other brands, but the hori guard definitely doesn't leave anything on the touchscreen when removed. *phew*

removing it is simple if you follow the instructions. take a big piece of sellotape, loop it onto itself to form a handle & stick it to one (short) side of the guard. be careful not to get the tape on the touchscreen - that will leave a sticky mess!

then pull the tape up and you'll lift the guard with it. simple as that!

however... if, like me, you managed to get any dust underneath the guard when applying don't assume you'll be able to 'clean' it & re-apply. any attempt i made to remove the crap that'd stuck to the sticky side of the guard damaged the guard itself, making an opaque white mark.

basically, if you've screwed up the installation you'll need to get another one; unless you can come up with another way of removing stuff stuck to it... and if you have, i'd like to hear about it!

Comment

i also got myself a ds cart holder (hard case, not the 'wallet' holder) from game over the weekend. i'd be very hesitant about recommending these...

the case comes with a long stylus (which seems ok) and a slot for fitting an 'official' sized stylus in. 9 ds carts can be stored in there, 3 in one side and 6 in the other (2 carts deep). all sounds good in theory, but...

the protective rubber that surrounds your carts seems to be cut just ever so slightly 'too tight'. basically, carts will 'pop out' of the rubber when you've filled a side, certainly on the side that's only 1 cart deep. it's just a little too snug in there. also, i'm pretty sure they could have made the case smaller without reducing the level of protection it affords... it seems a bit too chunky.

that said, it's better than no protection at all, but it's certainly not ideal...

UPDATE: just spotted that the cart holder i'm talking about is the DS cyber card case on yes-asia (or it's the spitting image of it).
      Last edited by mattSix; 01-07-2005, 15:07.

Comment

Working...
      X