Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XG3 anyone played it?

Im working through this game atm,

on the 2nd cup in on the 1000g class, and it gets really really fast, as in hard to play sometimes, i love the challenge and am really trying to beat it.

Granted many of you will say f zero is better but, has anyone completed it?, what did you think of it and got any tips?

oracle

had it for my ps2... great game, sense of speed is ****ing fantastic! amazingly swift.

tips? it's hard sometimes. **** weapons, you don't need them. just upgrade your engine and get that little addon which extends youe shield life (which in turn makes you able to boost for longer)

Comment

yeah i got all the upgrades and the fastest current engine which is 1500g or soemthing like that, i wish there ware a brake enhancer lol

Comment

Holy thread resurection batman!

Just to say i completed it and man it was a b***** to do but soooooo satisfying!

Comment

Well, while you've got the thread bumped, I hated it. I don't know what it is that gives some games a sense of personality, but whatever it is, XG3 didn't have it. Much like the N64 versions, really.

Comment

The sense of speed was amazing especiallu when you go "sonic" But it got very samey in my view and I just couldn't be bothered towards the end.

Comment

This is going to sound like graphics whoring, but the combination of a lack of 16x9 mode and the two-player split being left and right, not top and bottom really put me off. I had real problems seeing where I was going, and gave up. Went back to W'O"3:SE which is far superior.

Comment

I really liked Extreme G3, I've recently rebought it. Very good sense of speed, nice, non irritating weapons balance. Incredibly well engineered and realised Track design. The speed increments are mind blowing initially, but the game doesn't break at the highest class, it just gets better. Also it uses Bikes and not generic Hover devices so it all reacts differently to other "Future Racers".

Comment

Yeah I finished this: I preferred it to F-Zero GX actually ~ found F-zero was just too difficult, and I like weapons > Also I really got the feeling in F-Zero that the AI just floored it when you overtook him, so you have to "tatically" race for the finish, rather than just push hard the whole race.

There is a city track in XG3 - I forget the name - which was a total git for me on the harder levels. In particular I remember there was a hill climb after a really sharp left, which the AI opponents ate for breakfast. No matter how fast I did that corner (which was damn fast I tell you) I couldn't keep pace with them up that hill. Cheatin' gits!!!

Thinking of this almost makes me want to try XGRA, but I hear it's not as good.

Comment

i was right with my first comment... great little game, i may have to re-acquire it at some point.

Comment

I couldn't give any tips till I've replayed it, I can't quite remember if the inside view was actually easier than the external views, because by teh time you are always splitting the sound barrier, the external views don't give you much of a chance to see whats coming up. And I can't quite remember the weapons heirarchy either.

Comment

thats what i thought, i played all of the game on internal view but couldnt do the last level, i tried it on external and it managed to complete it in a night

odd, The game has loads of character, granted there is no storyline but it is presented really well and the music is fantastic

I am suprised at the number of responses tho, as when i made this thread it got one heh

Comment

Working...
                        X