Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind GOTY

Does anybody here play this Game?

I recently got into the Game and would like to talk about it but noticed people here are not into it, the only other choice I have is GameFaqs but there is only Mr Wine, Bitch, and Moan to talk to on GameFaqs, so does anybody here play this and would you like to talk about it?

I played the orignal to death on the Xbox, up to the point where I got fed up with the crash bugs and went out and bought the PC version.

It's an excellent game, a huge game world, decent storyline.

I got to the point where there was nothing that couldn't be killed in a couple of hits - once you capture a few golden saints and enchant a few Exquisite items with them, you get some uber equipment. Like levitation belts, health and magic restorers, see in the dark rings, and these are constant effect items too. Look out for the green glass armour.

Comment

Probably my favourite game of this generation, apart from the annoying crashes. I keep meaning to play through it again with a different character type as I've normally gone for the Conan type guy with a huge sword.

Comment

The Conan type is always easier to start with - the magic is quite weak at first, so it's difficult to role-play such a character. Once you've gain a few levels and a few more powerful spells it gets more interesting. It always seems to be the way with RPGs.

The thing I like most about Morrowind is the freedom to explore the game, you carve out the type of character you want to play and you're not told "Go this way, go that way".

It's a shame that it crashes so much - I understand the GOTY edition is better for this. In fact, I think I'll go play this for an hour

Comment

I remember trying to play this a number of times. I'd start slowly, get on my first mission and get owned by a ****ing rat. I tried three or four times to get into it, but it just wasn't happening.

Comment

You need to get a bit of armour and a better weapon from the guilds - when you join there are chests of equipment you can help yourself to.

The game certainly takes a bit of effort to play as you're not given much in the way of a guide. It is worth perservering with though, as it's such an open and enjoyable game once you get into it.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG
              It's a shame that it crashes so much - I understand the GOTY edition is better for this. In fact, I think I'll go play this for an hour
              Actually, found it to be just as bad, if not worse. I really hope they make more of an effort to sort out the bugs in Elder Scrolls IV.

I might go for a thief character this time around. I did like sneaking around, but I was never very good at it, probably because of all that heavy armour I was wearing.

Comment

My God I spent almost 2hrs in the first Town Syeda Neen (sp) had a lot of ****ing fun finished by finding the tax guys body, and then looked at the map in the Game box and I was like that is one ****ing big world.

I am really going to enjoy this.

Comment

I don't like Morrowind at all, but you should go and check this thread that started on insert credit, which is what you're looking for.

http://forums.insertcredit.com/viewtopic.php?t=2984

Comment

Well thanks for that but I made this topic to talk to NTSC users and there life wasted on this Game.

Comment

Can someone review this for NTSC? MartyG?

Comment

I thought we had a review of this already. I'll take a look at the links.

Edit - we do - http://www.ntsc-uk.com/review.php?pl...game=Morrowind

Comment

Originally posted by Y S
                          Well thanks for that but I made this topic to talk to NTSC users and there life wasted on this Game.
                          He was only trying to help you out, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Haribokart
                            He was only trying to help you out, man.
                            Yes thats why I thanked him, MAN.

Comment

Well it just read in a slightly hostile way is all, MAN.

Comment

Working...
                              X