Dororo - Sega - PS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dororo - Sega - PS2

not seen anything of this game before but god-damn if it ain't got me thanking the gaming gods once again for Sega

its an ActionAdventure title by Red in which you control a samurai and a little boy. Interesting in that the samurai is disabled since he has no hands but has blades there instead

stunning to look at in an Onimusha type of way - could turn out to be a sleeper

Movie is here - only short but it got the hairs on my arms twitching

camps

Yes I saw images of Dororo last week. I looked really good. Cool main character and beautiful environment makes this something to look out for.

Comment

I was digging the movie, until he turned into Swordy McGee. I have to say it, those little stumpy sword arms are lame. They should have just made a straight up bitchin Samurai adventure.

Comment

i agree, it looked cool till his arms came off.
        its a nice idea, i just dont much like the way it (or rather, he)looks.
        the swords seem too short to me...
        but i guess it doesnt matter if it plays good, and i trust sega to make it nice.

Comment

That looks great. The sword arms could be a little longer, but it isnt released till spring 2004 so that could easily change. It reminded me of a cross between Ico and Onimusha.

Certainly on my to watch list.

Comment

Some pics:

Comment

Well, that's certainly a different main character!

Lets hope he's got the attitude to match them arms.

Comment

I?m not use to see game footages like the first image. much soul init, many questions raises about the two individuals, very exciting I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Henning
                  I’m not use to see game footages like the first image. much soul init, many questions raises about the two individuals, very exciting I think.
                  Yeah it would be cool if the kids head detached and revealed the tip of a spear for the guy to throw at enemies. Or maybe not

It could be an interesting partnership though. In a part of the video you see the boy going through a narrow tunnel which implies that he is controllable. Maybe a 2 player co-op mode as well.

I just love the atmosphere of the game. Looks very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by lordcookie
                    Yeah it would be cool if the kids head detached and revealed the tip of a spear for the guy to throw at enemies. Or maybe not
                    LOL

I saw the clip first now. He has lost his arms and under the prosthesis has he swords

Comment

Working...
                    X