Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your recommended PS2 games

Hi

Today I finished MGS3 and loved every minute. I have a question tho as I recently got a ps2 (shock shock horror horror - so behind the times) and don't have a vast collection of games.

I'm briefly playing some San Andreas but not fully committed to it. I'm looking to fatten up my disc case with some games to play thru........

I am getting GT4 for some racing fun, and Madden for my sports fix....also my brother has Jak II which I am going to try.......

What games would you recommend? They don't have to be new games. I'm looking to get God of War and RE4 when they are out on PAL ps2 (a while for RE4 I know). I think it was Jak and Daxter that I played ages ago and liked it and those type of games. Prefer action/adv style, some RPG tho not hardcore role-players like the FF series...........

If it's Action/adv you want, grab Devil May Cry 3

Comment

Originally posted by mr_sockochris
      If it's Action/adv you want, grab Rygar
      Word.

Comment

Final Fantasy RPGs are 'hardcore'? Could have fooled me. Get something like Shin Megami Tensei 3 or Disgaea if you want a 'hardcore' complicated console RPGs, not that you do. Shadow Hearts 2 might be a bit less complicated but still and awesome RPG. You could always look at the more action oriented RPG titles like the new Ys game, or Shining Tears.

Ratchet & Clank 2 and 3 are much better than Jak & Daxter 2 and 3, although that's obviously just my opinion.

Psi-Ops would be a good action/adv style game. An amazingly underrated/underbought game.

You won't regret God of War. Also have a look at Viewtiful Joe.

While being a GTA whore, I can still appreciate that San Andreas could be a little too full on for some people. The original GTA3 has the best levels/atmosphere out of the bunch, but Vice City has the awesome motorcylces and helicopters, plus the ability to shoot out tyres. Shame the city layout is pretty uninspired. Still an excellent game. Both of they are stupidly cheap now and would be well worth a look if you like San Andreas but find it a little over the top.

Speaking of cheap titles, Maximo vs Army of Zin is ultra cheap and worth a play. ATV Offroad Fury 2 is also ultra cheap if you like fun racers that require a bit of skill. Burnout 3 is pure arcade if you go for that. Soul Calibur 2 and Virtua Fighter 4 are both excellent fighters.
        Last edited by markgreyam; 18-04-2005, 04:32. Reason: spelling quality that betrays the 4 hours worth of sleep i got last night.

Comment

ICO is the only game you need on PS2. At least until Shadow of the Collosus comes out.

And RE4 on PS2... come on... BUY A GAMECUBE! They're virtually free now so any excuse will not be valid I'm afraid.

Comment

beyond good and evil, prince of persia sands of time (NOT warrior within), metal gear solid 2 and burnout 3 are the games i would suggest along with the others already mentioned.

ooh ooh ooh, and rez

Comment

Gradius V

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon
                ooh ooh ooh, and rez
                Damn right!
                Silent Hill 2 gets my vote.
                Currently playing Castlevania, which seems very good, too.

Comment

Ico is a must - best game on the system.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus
                    Ico is a must - best game on the system.
                    Heard a lot about it -- might check it out.

And RE4 on PS2... come on... BUY A GAMECUBE! They're virtually free now so any excuse will not be valid I'm afraid.
                    I have no interest in a Cube. I tried to establish an interest but the lackluster collection of games among other things puts me off, free or not......

Ratchet & Clank 2 and 3 are much better than Jak & Daxter 2 and 3, although that's obviously just my opinion.
                    Will definitely try out the R+C series me thinks. What I meant with the RPG thing was, basically, I don't like RPG games - period, unless they encorporate another style of game within (more like Zelda OoT)...

Viewtiful Joe (and also REZ) are games I thought looked okay but just never bothered to check out. I think I will.

Comment

pro evo4 or any of the prequels
                      they are the best games on ps2

Comment

gamecube have the best games without a doubt, i simply cant understand why it hasent done allot better, as it deserves to.

Comment

ssx3
                          dark chronicle

Comment

SOS: The Final Escape - Quirky underated disaster/survival game.
                            Star Ocean: Till the End of Time - Great RPG with cool combat.
                            Virtua Tennis 2 - Brilliant multiplayer.
                            Shadow of Memories: Cool little adventure game with nods to Shenmue

That's all I can think of that aint been mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by: Kotatsu Neko
                              ICO is the only game you need on PS2. At least until Shadow of the Collosus comes out.
                              Why do you insist on repeating this sort of thing? Please, just stop it.

Getting back on topic, SOS: The Final Escape is probably worth a look. It's a bit rough around the edges, but the whole 'city struck by disaster' scenario is quite original. Best of all, you can pick it up for peanuts in most places.

Comment

Working...
                              X