Predator: Concrete Jungle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Predator: Concrete Jungle

Predator: Concrete Jungle unfolds the gripping tale of the alien's history on Earth between two separate time periods, 1930 and 2030, as the Predator embarks on a mission of revenge upon a Mafia organization and its leader who seek to expose its very existence. Taking inspiration from the popular film franchise, the game allows players to roam a vast city landscape while stalking human prey with weapons of annihilation, cloaking technology, and various vision modes.
    • Experience the hunt from the perspective of the Predator ? kill at will or hunt with honor

• Original story ties into established Predator mythology, including back story about the origins of the Weyland-Yutani empire

• Arsenal of quintessential Predator weapons such as wristblades, plasmacaster, combistick, speargun and smart disk

• Highly responsive combat system that enables the Predator to stylize its attack moves for different prey

• Four different vision modes to enhance the hunting experience: Thermal Scan, Neural Scan, Prey Scan, and Tech Scan

• City environments of the "concrete jungle" are the perfect hunting grounds for the Predator

Official site:

Here are some video links courtesy of IGN (I think the Windows Media ones are free view):
    http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/667/667227...html?fromint=11

This came out on Friday in the UK and I believe it's released this week in the US, but I can't find any reviews. I quite like what I've seen and read and apparently it's quite brutal (you can skin people and hang them up and the stealth kills are supposed to be a bit nasty).

The Predator character model and sound effects are supposed to be really good.

I read some comments on another forum and people either liked it or hated it.

I might give it a go if the the reviews are positive, it will be good to be able to play as one of the greatest movie aliens ever.

Hs anyone got/played it? If so, what did you think?

I've only heared by word of mouth but apparently the camera is a real pain in the arse. Three camera viewpoints and all of them hug too close to the Pred to allow effective platform jumps etc

The vid's I've seen look pretty cool though - the one where the pred skins the gang member, strings him up under the billboard and lets out a mighty roar was really cool.

Plus ripping the head off the robot and bashing it against the metal casing was particularly brutal

Might be one to pick up on budget

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101
      I've only heared by word of mouth but apparently the camera is a real pain in the arse. Three camera viewpoints and all of them hug too close to the Pred to allow effective platform jumps etc
      I've heard that too, but once you get past that and the controls people seem to be enjoying it.

Originally posted by Spatial101
      Might be one to pick up on budget
      That's what I was thinking.

Comment

This game will be a budget release in the US

Comment

Was really interested in this as the idea of controlling The Predator is fantastic. Was my fav species to control in AvP and got all warm and fuzzy when heard this was coming out. At the moment it dont look like it gonna rival the lkes of Jade Empire or Chaos Theory for my time so a budget pick up sounds like the best option.

Using weapons like the Shoulder cannon, net spear and wrist blades will be great!! If it also lets me kill Gary Busey then it should be my GOTY hehehe!!

Comment

From the videos... its looks like it plays like the spider man games.

Comment

Originally posted by Mardigan8
              Using weapons like the Shoulder cannon, net spear and wrist blades will be great!! If it also lets me kill Gary Busey then it should be my GOTY hehehe!!
              Heh, Don't know if he's in there, but the game does capture that Predator 2 vibe quite well. It's fun turning invisible and picking people off before they know you're there. And you can mimic voices as well - loved hearing the Pred going "over here" just like in the flicks.
              The camera can be a pain at times, but you can set it to a manual control rather than automatic. It's easier to deal with then.

Comment

It's an `almost bargainous` price of ?24.99 at Play already.

Another week or so should mean the sub-?20 mark, which means I'll be strongly tempted to pick up a copy

Comment

Working...
                X