Is it too late to buy an X-Box now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it too late to buy an X-Box now?

With the next-gen stuff being talked about. I own a PS2 and CUBE but I was recently thinking about getting an x-box. What do you guys think, is it really worth it this late into the console's life? Or should I just wait for next gen...?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Maybe before christmas, now I wouldnt see the point, I am having trouble playing all the games I wanted to try before the new one is out.

Comment

Well you can pick it up for about ?75? Not bad value.......

You could sell it when the next-gen is released (good few months, so you'll get usage) for a decent amount. Of course it loses value but i'm not a big believer that it's gonna fall thru the floor. I think you could still get ?40-50 for it easily, so that's a fair price to pay for months of good gaming IMO.

It's exactly why i'm still buying a console now (PS2).

Comment

It's never too late to buy a console. Just think of it as a premature retro purchase.

Comment

Surely now is the best time to buy one! Cheap bundles, and a huge backcatalogue of cheap games! If I didn't have one already, I'd buy one this second Just to play Jade Empire and Stranger's Wrath!

Comment

Well ,depends if the Xbox2 is going to be backwards compatible. If it is, might as well pick up the games now for preperation. Plus some of them may have some increased retro value within a few years. You often find the games released towards the end of a console's life, becomes the rarest and most valuable.

Comment

Can anyone tell me a decent amount of games though, that aren't available on PS2 or CUBE as well?

Comment

I thought Xbox was pretty much confirmed as not being backwards compatible?

The way I see it, Xbox 360 is going to take some time to crack, so until then I'm going to need Xbox 1 as my media centre. It'll be around for quite some time to come for me.

Plus ?75 to be able to play Jade Empire, Psychonauts, Halo 2, OutRun 2, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Stranger's Wrath etc etc seems like a good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus
                  Can anyone tell me a decent amount of games though, that aren't available on PS2 or CUBE as well?
                  There aren't that many exclusives that I would buy it for, but games like Halo 2, Doom 3 etc are all there if you wanted to play them.........

Comment

shenmue 2
                    outrun 2
                    crimsion skies
                    panzer dragoon
                    project gotham 2
                    halo 2

im not actually to impressed with the xbox when it comes to games!

Comment

So far the only games I'm interested in you guys have mentioned is Halo 2 (which I thought was okay but not amazing) and Doom 3, which I played on PC anyway!

Any others? I mean the entire reason I never picked an X-Box up is cos the games aren't exactly amazing, all the good ones can be bought for other consoles.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko
                        I thought Xbox was pretty much confirmed as not being backwards compatible?.
                        So many conflicting rumours... http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/...VyktzqKTYb.php

Comment

I mean the entire reason I never picked an X-Box up is cos the games aren't exactly amazing, all the good ones can be bought for other consoles.
                          Well, it depends. XBOX has less exclusives but it has a much better range than the Cube. Also, many consider a lot of games available on both ps2 and xbox to be better on xbox (as is my experience with some), but that can be spun around either way.

I mean, if you want the xbox just for games you can't get elsewhere, and you don't have much interest in what's been mentioned; it's probably a waste of money (unless you want it for the many other features it has, such as being a media center etc). You can probably answer your own questions if you just ask yourself what you want to get from spending approx ?80, and evaluating whether it's worth it.

Comment

Get one.

I bought mine at the start of February and it's been worth it just for OutRun 2. Even if you don't like driving games, I don't see how you couldn't love it!

Comment

I'm going to buy a PS2 soon, but I think they'll come down in price soon as we edge closer to E3.

Comment

Working...
                              X