Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, what does everyone think of Def Jam vendetta?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, what does everyone think of Def Jam vendetta?

Got it...lovin it!

X gonna give it to ya!!!

So wierd to play a game with half decent music. Although not all the artists a represented...never mind. The 12 def jam artists are already over the top with their Ego's, so a lack of a WWE license dont matter.
    Although, i wish THQ licenses Aki to do another wrestling game.

Considering it was the company which took THQ out of the gutter financially, with its wrestling games....however, DJV is'nt without its problems.

The tag team is a bit dodgy because of the camera.

The user ID function ruins multi player because all players must have finished the game, in order to have the characters in there own roster.

But Hopefully, Aki will add all the features from No Mercy and more such as tables, ladders, chairs, backstage [ imagine this feature in a hip hop game] and of course a CAW.

good game though and also when is ntsc gonna review this?

i think our official hatrid of wwe, and wrestling covers this game.

Comment

WWE aint that bad.

Although they did actually ruin the most EASIEST and possibly best storyline ever by ending the WCW vs WWF in 3 weeks!

The amount of games and matches they could of had with that could of lasted years! FOOLS!

Comment

The fact is, wrestling in any form, old or new, is absolutely terrible and exists only for simple minded cretins.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's one of the most inane things I've ever had the misfortune to watch, or play.

Comment

Warning time

No justification of wrestling, wwe, or their crap games allowed. As a site we do not support the pantomime which is wrestling, therefore we do not want discussion of them on our forums.

Sorry people, but there are pleny of wrestling forums out there.

thanks

Comment

WOAH!

touched a nerve there! I am no advocate for wrestling...it just turned up...as Aki did base DJV on a previose wrestling engine.

Plus Replicant, are you intending to become a MOD on this site!?

Comment

Originally posted by jassi singh

Thats quite amusing...

Comment

Originally posted by jassi singh
                Is that an acronym?

Comment

Originally posted by replicant
                  No justification of wrestling, wwe, or their crap games allowed.
                  Whoops

Comment

Once upon a time, our forum was getting worryingly full of WWE threads, so we decided to practically ban all talk of the 'sport'. There is multiplayer entertainment value in the games, but we'll never give full coverage. The odd thread on the forum does no harm, if that is what people wish to talk about, but we won't let it get out of hand

PS - Rep was one of the three site founders.

Comment

ermm errr

[runs screaming]

Comment

*ahem*

Comment

Originally posted by ?pint
                          The fact is, wrestling in any form, old or new, is absolutely terrible and exists only for simple minded cretins.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's one of the most inane things I've ever had the misfortune to watch, or play.
                          Up untill a year ago I wouldve torn your head off for that, however the 'modernisation' of wrestling has turned it, frankly, into utter ****e which is why I no longer watch it.

However, wrestling games no matter how much/little u like wrestling are great games.
                          No Mercy was rated as one of the best N64 games ever (top 5ish).
                          Fire Pro Series on the Dreamcast is also one of it's top games.
                          Virtual Japan Pro Wrestling also good.
                          WWF/E games are a hit and miss thing. Some are great to pick up and play and even better in multiplayer (Shut Your Mouth) but some are **** (Wrestlemania X8).

Def Jam is on my list to buy because it is made by AKI and should be good What version you got?

Oh and btw, this isnt a 'wrestling/wwe thread' its a gaming thread, about a wrestling game, idiots. I find it funny how mods are allowed to **** up other peoples threads by posting nothing relevant in it, and just generally want to stop it for no reason while other members are penalised for doing the same thing. If you have nothing to contribute to the thread why bother posting at all?

Comment

Strange thing: between years 7-9, all the kids in my year were crazy after wrestling. They'd even go online and find out what happend before the shows aired in the UK. Then, between year 9-10, everybody just suddenly shut up and lost interest. Same thing with my cousins who had Sky, they lost interest around the age of 13-14. So incontrovertible proof that wrestling is just a phase for young kids and most non-brain dead people grow out of it. Oh, and this is going completely off topic.

Comment

Originally posted by srgbilco
                              Strange thing: between years 7-9, all the kids in my year were crazy after wrestling. They'd even go online and find out what happend before the shows aired in the UK. Then, between year 9-10, everybody just suddenly shut up and lost interest. Same thing with my cousins who had Sky, they lost interest around the age of 13-14. So incontrovertible proof that wrestling is just a phase for young kids and most non-brainded people grow out of it. Oh, and this is going completely off topic.
                              I so wouldnt have grown out of it if it hadnt started sucking. Basically, I liked the wrestling side of it, the violent side as opposed to storylines (Cue remarks about being fake blah blah whatever). Hell in a cell, ladder matches, TLC, and in ECW barbed wire, hardcore, stairway to hell matches, scaffold matches. Also I enjoyed the luchadore side (Which has improved after the addition of rey mysterio) and the technical etc etc. But wrestling has lost its 'edge', and untill it regains it Im gonna steer clear of it.

Oh and for all you non wrestling fans, bad storylines mean BAD storylines: Necrophillia, Ass kissing (literally), HLA (Hot lesbian action - with no lesbian action ) etc...

Comment

Working...
                              X