Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Gamecube Carry Handle

Have you ever used it?

I cant say I have, nor have I known a single person to use the carry handle facility of the Gamecube once. If I want to move it, Ill pick it up from the base, without giving so much of a thought as to using the handle to transport it.

For me, its the most useless, pointless addition to a console I can think of. Not only does it look ridiculous, its of no practical use whatsoever. With over 5000 members (yay) here, surely at least one person has a regular use for it?

This is the part where 4999 members all say "Yes, I use my handle all of the time"...

I hang my washing on it to dry. I can get one short sock on at a time.

I have used it to pick it up when transporting it to another persons house, but only to get it off the deck, and then it's just hold it anywhere.

Comment

yes I use it all time.
      actually I wip out all the cables and carry it off when I catch my brother playing it.
      I strut off with it while he winges.

Comment

I use it too to take it downstairs when I want to play with a big TV etc

Comment

I wouldn't say i've used it a lot, but on the odd occaision i've moved my GC i've used it everytime. It's great. Comfortable and weighted perfectly. I honestly hope that the Revolution has a handle too.

Comment

it look ridiculous
            Yeah, damn Nintendo for making the back of their console look so ridiculous and ugly. I much prefer to look at the back of other machines.

To be honest, I can't even see mine unless I specifically go looking for it, and yes, I've used it a couple of times. I don't trust it when a GB Player is attached though.

Comment

I've never used mine. I tend to just pick it up the bottom because its so lightweight anyway and I wouldn't trust the handle. I think it was supposed to be used to carry easily round mates houses but I don't think any british person would get 5 seconds down the road with it.

Comment

I never used it with my PAL GC but know with my spicy orange one +Chaos Field and MrDriller:drill land which i take just about everywhere best system ever

Comment

I use it everytime I move my Gamecube. I have the carrying case that uses it?it's great for travel.

Comment

I've used the one on mine on the occasion i've moved it. Also adds as a focal point away from the cube shape if using your spare cube as an art piece.

Told you!

Comment

cool gaming art exhibition thing you got going on there.

as for the handle, i feel uncomfortable using it, it doesn't seem solid.
                      And they should also have made it removable.

Comment

Yep, I nearly always use it to transport the machine about, especially if I've got my hands full with other bits associated with it...
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I use the carry handle when I move it around.... which I do alot, from downstairs, to upstairs and beyond. Also its acts as the perfect switch cover for the region switch. Not only that I image it helps for ventelation out the back so people don't stuff it up against walls. Reminds me when I acidently flipped my DC up the staircase in a butter fingers moment....

Anyone had to hoover their cube yet.... I have, stops the bugger from crashing.

Comment

Mines inside a glass fronted TV cabinet so dust is kept to a minimum. Though i think it helps to run the vac round most things. Noticed a ton of dust (o.k. a few grams) in the vents on my TV recently. Dyson to the rescue.

Comment

The very, very few times I move mine, I do use the handle, it is true.

Comment

Working...
                              X