Games TM Issue 31 Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Games TM Issue 31 Scores

Had this pop through the letterbox this morning.

Unreal Championship 2 - 6
    Act of War - 7
    Pariah - 7
    Wipeout Pure - 8
    Trackmania Sunrise - 8
    Red Ninja: End of Honor - 3
    Warioware: Twisted - 8
    Championship Manager 5 - 4
    Meteos - 9
    Chaos Field: Expanded - 6
    Kessen 3 - 7
    Lego Star Wars - 4
    Eyetoy: Antigrav - 5
    Kirby: Canvas Curse - 8
    Musashi: Samurai Legend - 7
    Yoshi's Universal Gravitation - 4
    Haunting Ground - 7
    Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition - 6

Retro is Street Fighter 3rd Strike.

Harsh score for Lego StarWars. I haven't played the full game yet, but did enjoy the demo and for ?17...

Comment

Thumbs up for the Unreal Championship 2 and Midnight Club 3 scores, Both have been totally overrated everywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko
        Harsh score for Lego StarWars. I haven't played the full game yet, but did enjoy the demo and for ?17...

I'd totally agree with that. I was finished with it in under 4 hours which is unacceptable IMO. It would have been less if I'd played it in co-op. This should have been released with the original trilogy, then the scores ir's received elsewhere would have been justified.

Comment

how longs the feature on SFIII?

Comment

great score for meteos - did they have anything to say about 'scrubbing' technique that edge was reporting as it's 'fundamental flaw'?

Comment

Absolutely disagree with the UC2 score. Clocked in over 30 hours on UC2 and enjoying it more than UT2004. It brings a breath of fresh air to online "FPS" games and requires many times the skill of a Halo 2, for example. Hardly overrated.

Just my opinion though, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by LaParka
                how longs the feature on SFIII?
                Two pages if I remember correctly

Comment

In the shops yet i have not recieved my copy.

Comment

Originally posted by Del Boy
                    In the shops yet i have not recieved my copy.
                    It is in the shops

but us subscribers get used to getting it late - dont have mine yet either

probably will get it in a few weeks

**waits for strider telling how much money i'm saving blah blah blah**

Comment

another average issue of gamestm to be honest, lacking a lot of content. The feature on those plug and play devices was useless because we all know they suck anyway, also ultimate collector should be renamed blokes who pop into gamestation to buy fifa 95 on the md for 10p. I know they had some poor so called collectors in the 'ultimate collector' before but this one was just piss poor, the dude they interviewed only had old sega machines in quite a bad condition, and loads of dated games he got from gamestation, collector-maybe, ultimate collector- well that phrase needs to be changed.

Comment

*Yawn*

Comment

In the Retro section, is there an article on Popful Mail and an interview with Working Designs? At least there should be......

Comment

Originally posted by muse hunter
                            another average issue of gamestm to be honest, lacking a lot of content. The feature on those plug and play devices was useless because we all know they suck anyway, also ultimate collector should be renamed blokes who pop into gamestation to buy fifa 95 on the md for 10p. I know they had some poor so called collectors in the 'ultimate collector' before but this one was just piss poor, the dude they interviewed only had old sega machines in quite a bad condition, and loads of dated games he got from gamestation, collector-maybe, ultimate collector- well that phrase needs to be changed.
                            Yes, we all know that those plug n play devices are ****, but the average gamer doesn't, so it's hardly useless... And besides, certain magazines think these things are incredible, so the actual truth does need to get out.

As for the ultimate collector. Well, It's a little halfpage for the readers to show off their prized collections. Nothing more, nothing less.
                            You also have to remember that the majority of pictures aren't shown because of lack of space. Joby has a load of machines ranging from the Vic 20 to the Virtua Boy, they just aren't featured.

Granted, the name for some of the collections doesn't always fit, but as I've said before it's just a little bit of fun for the readers. However, I do appreciate that some of the collections haven't looked that amazing in certain issues.

Put your money where your mouth is and show us your own collection then. No doubt it's mega expensive and features lots of Japanese Game Boy games
                            Last edited by Strider; 22-04-2005, 19:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Szczepaniak
                              In the Retro section, is there an article on Popful Mail and an interview with Working Designs? At least there should be......

Yes on Popful Mail, can't remember on the other one as I was flicking through in Borders.

Popful Mail intrigues me.

Comment

Working...
                              X