X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rocky Review [Draft]

'Hey, Adrian! I did it!'

The statement universally recognized as 'victory' falls from the mouth of a slobbering retard.

There is no substitute: Rocky means boxing. I'd wager more people associate the name Rocky Balboa with boxing than Mohammed Ali.

If I were to make the perfect boxing videogame, it'd have to be Rocky. It would have all the boxers the Italian Stallion fought throughout the five movies?from the bums to the champs. It would even include five different Rockys, one from each of the movies, whose stats would accurately reflect him at that point in his career.

And all the characters would be playable: Apollo I and II, Clubber Lang, Drago, and that stupid kid from Rocky V. Maybe even Mickey for goofs.

And it wouldn't be a simulation. No, I want arcade silliness. I want cuts and blood. I want sprays of gore and saliva and sweat with every punch. I want to see horrible rashes pushing pricks of blood through the skin of my opponent's stomach, chest, and sides. I want to see a face full of flowering swells. I want to see my opponent crumple to the canvas when I abuse him.

And I want him to lift his filthy carcass from the mat and do the same to me?a volley of crashing tides for 15 rounds.

And it wouldn't have only a bunch of high-falootin' arenas that require top hats and coat tails. No, it would include seedy holes with impetigo-infested rings and riotous crowds that throw beer bottles at the sissy for getting knocked down.

The controls would be like Super Smash Bros.?simple enough a beginner could pick them up, but deep enough to support very skilled play. So of course the multiplayer would be super-fantas. . .

Oh wait. It's already been done. Victory.

Very descriptive mate, went a few rounds with Rocky last summer on the Cube. It is a top game, I just didn't have anybody who could match up against me so I stopped playing. You got me thinking about it again now though

Not sure about your DahDaaah!!! ending, but liked this section lots "I want cuts and blood. I want sprays of gore and saliva and sweat with every punch. I want to see horrible rashes pushing pricks of blood through the skin of my opponent's stomach, chest, and sides. I want to see a face full of flowering swells. I want to see my opponent crumple to the canvas when I abuse him".

Comment

Thanks for the comments. I'll have to take a second look at the conclusion.

Comment

Working...
      X