PSP - headaches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSP - headaches?

I was playing Bleach for about 2 hours last night and in the end had to turn it of because i was getting quite a bad headache, i have woken up today and still have a headache.

I hardly ever get headaches i can't even remember when the last one was, and was just wondering if anybody else was getting headaches from playing the PSP.

It could have been the fact i was in a dimly lit room but often play my GBASP/DS in bed with no lights on and i am fine.

Dunno about headaches but a long sesh on Lumines kills my hands , pins and needles a plenty

Comment

sounds like you strained your eyes it can give you the feeling of a bad headache.

Its happened to me a lot if i play the tv without any lights on it gives me bad headaches.

Comment

Eye strain probably. Epic 4-player on same tv Halo 2 sessions are great, but give me an awful headache.

Try playing with better lighting, that will probably help.

Comment

A 10-minute break each hour should probably do the trick.

Comment

i got bad headaches when i first got my psp, dont get them so much anymore now thou. must have evolved to cope with it haha

Comment

Cheers for the advice.

The PSP screen does seam to give off a beter glare (stronger light) than the DS.

Comment

This has happened to me once and I'm 99% certain it was because I played Fable for about 6 hours over a weekend...and the framerate issues just totally ****ed my eyes up. I know a few people who had a very similar feeling after playing it

It was the worst headache I've EVER had. I couldn't even stand up without feeling like ****. After about 3 days I almost went to A&E because I was certain I had a serious problem.

So does Bleach have a poor framerate? Cos I'm sure it's unhealthy for the eyes (and Fable is enough evidence of that for me, IMO )

Comment

So does Bleach have a poor framerate?
                  It's fairly smooth, but can get a bit choppy.

Comment

It's probably not because of the framerate then. Fable's is really inconsistent so I think that's why it hurt my eyes so much (it doesn't help that I wear glasses of course)

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick
                      It's fairly smooth, but can get a bit choppy.
                      Yeah it can be a bit bleh in places.

Comment

Fable headaches?

My Dad stopped playing the game and moved on with LotR: The Third Age because the framerate issues were giving him sharp headache pains whilst playing the game. I still have the game, which is nearly done but the headaches seem to put me right off.

Nice to see other people experiencing similar problems.

Comment

Another victim? We should get together and start a support group...or file a class action lawsuit

Comment

Working...
                          X