Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who doesn't like ratchet and clank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only one who doesn't like ratchet and clank?

Nine planets into the first one, and I fail to see what most others see in this game (I'm talking about the first installment). Camera sucks, too much focus on guns and weapons as opposed to true platforming, and way too much collection for its own good. I mean, people complain about games like banjo-kazooie, but at least they had puzzles and stuff. But ratchet... goddamn, I'm not sure I wanna see another bolt in my life.

I'll give it another shot and try my best to complete the game, but I'm definitely not playing either the second or the third which I hear are even more weapons and shooting focused than the original.

By the way, I find it to be quite similar to jet force gemini. I mean, sure there are many differences, but essentially you travel between planets shooting at robots/aliens whilst trying to stop someone who's threatening galactic security.

How similar is the Jak franchise to the R&C one? Since I'm disappointed in ratchet, and I heard it was similar to Jak, then I'm thinking of ignoring jak altogether then.

And how different is the Sly Cooper series from both Jak and R&C?

What's the point in a thread where you say how much you don't like a game? What a waste of energy. It just smacks of "look at me!"

Comment

Originally posted by recipher
      What's the point in a thread where you say how much you don't like a game? What a waste of energy. It just smacks of "look at me!"
      Easy fella, I want to know what people liked in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Light
        Easy fella, I want to know what people liked in the game.
        And at what point did you say that?

Comment

And at what point did you say that?
          In the title.

Comment

A title that asks about what people like about a game would be:

"What do you like about Ratchet and Clank?"

Not "Am I the only one who doesn't like Ratchet and Clank?"

Which reads "Look at me! I'm being negative about a fairly average game."

I just don't see the point.

Comment

about a fairly average game."
              Is that your opinion of it?

Comment

there's been topics with less of a point 'cipher...

Comment

I'm sure. That doesn't lessen the pointlessness of this one.

Comment

I agree. Ratchet & Clank is just one long exercise in blowing the hell out of everything with some occasional platforming thrown in. It does look fantastic and has a much more solid looking game engine than the Jak games but after a while you realise that after the guns reach their natural firepower limit, there isn't much else on offer. I didn't like it because I am not a big fan of 3rd person shooters and as game in has much more in common with Metal Arms or JFG (which I loved, despite its rock hard difficulty) than Jak.

Comment

I don't think there's been as many posts in one topic by the same person, though.

You whack someone for creating the thread but continue to post nothing-based posts.

Now to the game; it's much better than J+D IMO. I like the emhpasis on trying to learn skillful combat and execute it as opposed to making tricky jumps etc. I think it's impressive looking, too, and the level size and design work well IMO. Soundtrack isn't bad either, not too shabby for a game of this type and I like how the difficulty develops as you further yourself into the game.

It needs to be said though that, at least IMO, the sequels are poor.

Comment

I only got around to playing ratchet and clank a few months ago and to be honest I was quite impressed. It's nothing extraordinary or anything that I haven't seen before but for some reason it was enjoyable, has an OK storyline and quite pretty too

Generally speaking I think the main reason why I liked it is because it has a feeling of being well made. There's far too much pooh around these days 8)

Comment

I bought the 3rd one over crimbo and loved it. I hadn't played the previous 2 and bought it as i fancied some platform action. I recently bought the 2nd one off ebay but haven't had a chance to start it yet.

Comment

lol, an entire page of Recipher going off his nut. Amusing.

Comment

Glad to be of service.

Comment

Working...
                              X