F-Zero AX at Funland?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F-Zero AX at Funland?

i went there on thursday with some mates and looked around for ages but couldn't see it. That link says it's only operational between Friday and Saturday. We went on Thursday. The few people we asked didn't seem to know what F-Zero was

lmk lads. cheers

Ive seen it there, its a tiny machine by itself next to one of the pillars. This was a few weeks back mind.

Comment

ok. does it have big stickers and stuff or is it just an enclosed thingy? wefound an area with a KI2 machine, and a bunch of those naff hydraulic 'rides' that were manned. Is it near those?

Comment

The machine went a while back, last time I was there (Chinese New YEar) it had gone. It used to be ner the DDR machine just by the escalators, though if DJ Sack saw it a few weeks ago, maybe they put it back?

Comment

It was there in January, to the right on the top floor.

Comment

dagnabbit. still, it's my m8 who really wants to go and play it, but i think i'll keep it quiet and pretend that it is still there. anything for another go on fight mania
            Last edited by randombs; 02-05-2005, 19:22. Reason: 'and play it'

Comment

Is this the Fzero arcade machine in that big craft?

I played it for the first time in some grimey arcade in lowerstoft on the coast of norfolk.

It was AMAZING.

Comment

ok just an update for interested forumites - i went to trocadero last wednesday (after seeing doom @ leicester sq vue) and they had the F-Zero AX machine!

omg omg omg

my mate played it first as he's the one who's really been dying to play it and he thought it was ok, but not spectacular.

however, while he was glued to the onscreen action, me being my typical eagle-eyed self, i noticed a little warning in the top-right that the seat had been locked as the seatbelt wasn't being used

once he was buckled up, suddenly it became the best game in the world ever, etc etc

it's really amazing, AND it's a sega game so it's doubly amazing

the seat really moves about whenever you turn the steering wheel, and the massive boost button in the wheel's centre glows blue when you can use it and it's great to whack 'boost' like you're in a film or something.

as the seat rotates in the direction of the steering wheel, my body's first reaction was to whack the wheel in the opposite direction, but once i'd managed to fight that reflex, it became much easier to handle.

i'd definitely go play it again, but i don't know whether

a) it's only taken out on wednesdays (if so, where the heck do they put it throughout the rest of the week?

or b) it's always out and has simply been installed recently.

so, go there and play it if you haven't already. it's got me psyched up for afterburner climax at least!

Comment

I had a week in London in the beginning of November and went to the old Troc for the first time - was quite sure it wasn't on Wednesday and they had F-Zero out and ready to play. Personally I found the controls far too twitchy when compared to the Game Cube version, which really pissed me off; perhaps I just need more practise.
                  I saw this one kid though, max combo a song on Pump It Up in Nightmare mode. Jesus I was so impressed I wanted to shake his hand, but he just ran off.

How much were your Doom tickets? I paid ?12 to go to the cinema there - almost told the seller to go and stuff it!

Comment

well the leicester square cinemas all allow the orange wednesdays offer, so we get it half-price. AND we're students so it worked out at ?4.75 each for those of us who could get it half-price. the rest of the guys had to pay full-price @ ?8.50.
                    the Empire cinema (UCI) doesn't do students, just adult and child at ?11.50 and ?6.50. we saw sin city there (again, half price at ?5.75 each).

since around early summer, i've been going to leicester square exclusively when watching most films this year, except for a couple. just this weekend, i saw Narnia at park royal (acton) Vue and it was a crap experience - noisy kids, mums telling them to be quiet, even some wally with a laser pointer at one point (although his mates told him to stop it after a few goes).

films at leicester square are heaven on earth compared with that, even if they cost more - at doom, there were about 15 people in the theatre, and 8 of them were me and my mates!

i'm going there this wednesday to see crying fist (that korean boxing film with the oldboy guy in it. hope it's good!) but i'll pass on trocadero afterwards i think!
                    Last edited by randombs; 12-12-2005, 08:16.

Comment

?12 to go to the cinema?

I thought it was expensive at ?6 here

Mind you the bowling in Funland is cheaper than up here.

Comment

well i haven't spent ?12 on a film there yet as we keep doing orange wednesdays. this saturday may be the first though, as king kong's out and i can't wait until next wednesday.

it's not like i'm spending ?150 on rsg is it

Comment

I got a chance to play this again today, I used to play on it quite a lot but I just couldn't beat the #1 Ranker; 'Eddles' I think his name was (he snaked, big time) but it looks like they've reset the machine since then

Be warned though, when I went today I put my card in the machine and it got stuck! we had to call some guy who worked there who was reeeeeaaaaalllllllyyy slow, and thought for some reason that by asking for the card we were trying to steal something

Oh, and tell you what, next time you're there have a go at Ghost Squad (you can get an IC card from up at the change place near the dogems... and the legions of chavs) it's just near the Need for Speed Underground (yes I know) cabinet, by the escalator on the first floor.
                          Last edited by Stoise; 12-12-2005, 21:28.

Comment

lol i'll bear that in mind. i don't have a cube, but my mate does and i reckon he'll try bringing his card next time so i'll warn him.

besides, i can only manage a few goes before i'm itching to get my butt kicked on the jap vs streetfighter machines in the corner...

Comment

What's so good about Ghost Squad? Seen that about never had a go myself.

Yeah I usually go to the cinema in Brighton, so it's ?6 for me as well. In London I saw 'Elizebethtown' (quite ****e) and I think it was the first Friday it had been shown, thus the high price.

Comment

Working...
                              X