Mario VS Donkey kong (The lost levels)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mario VS Donkey kong (The lost levels)

I thought those of you who like the rather excellent game that is Mario vs dk, would like to see the secret lost levels from this game.

Hidden deep within this game is a secret e-reader option. It's not mentioned anywhere in the manual or on the back of the box like most e-reader compatable games are. Nintendo kept the function totally secret till they decided to run this competition.

Nintendo along with the japanese comic coro coro had a competition a year ago where the main prize for a lucky 1000 people was a special set of 5 e-cards that added new levels to mario vs dk.

Heres a few pics of the winning letter from nintendo plus the cards themselves.

They work in a similar way to super mario advance 4 e-cards as in the fact that the levels are not simply unlocked from the cart. They are written to the gba game itself & then saved. The hidden e-reader function will not appear unless you have first scanned the e-card in & then connect it to a gba running mario vs dk, then you goto the file select screen there will be a new option.

please excuse the slightly dodgy pics im running the game via the gb player so i can take pics.

As you can see there is now a 4th option called card e+

There is space on the cart to save 12 e-reader levels but there were never that many released. Im guessing nintendo was planning on releasing a new full series of mario vs dk e-cards that would have let you add tons of new levels. The 2 options on the left are to add another e-reader level or delete a level.

Heres some pics of the 5 levels from the cards, i have given them a quick go but they are pretty hard.

They are a fantastic little bonus to have, it makes me really wonder just how many gba games out there that nintendo had hidden e-reader functions in. Suffice to say these cards are the prize centrepiece to my e-reader collection due to their cool factor & rarity.

I'm pretty sure that I have played these 2 ones.
    Are you sure that they aren't in the european version?
    Do you have + levels and expert levels on the japanese version? They are unlocked once you finish the game for the first time.

Comment

Working...
    X