Need some advice on DS games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some advice on DS games

Ok, the wife wants me to get her a card based game and MahJong (sp) game for the DS, (apparantly Wario is for 3 year olds )

For MahJong theres this lot

Minna no Mahjong
    Mahjong Taikai
    Yakuman
    Simple DS Series Vol. 1: The Mahjong

Anyone know if theres much to seperate those lot? What about language difficulties? I'm tempted by the last one as its cheaper but its not out for a good month and a half.

Finally, is there any good card games for the DS. One with a few games on it would be preferential, not simply poker etc.

cheers guys

There will be a ultimate card games for DS in a couple months or so.

Comment

will that be Jap or US?

Comment

USA I'd of thought.

It's supposed to be able to go online so it'll def be a while

Comment

Its infact out at the end of the month in the USA and its online.

I would go with that one as the GBA versions were fantastic.

Comment

ok so the card game is sorted - cheers. Anyone play any of the mah jong games?

Comment

The brain games from the same company features Mahjong and many others.

Again its online and looks like it could improve on the GBA game.

Just wanted to add its out on the same day as the card game.

EB USA has the box art with showcases the following games.

Go
              Reversi
              Chess
              Backgammon
              Sink The Ships (Battleships)
              4 in a Row (Connect 4)
              Mahjong
              Checkers
              Dominoes
              Last edited by The Mole; 08-05-2005, 18:57.

Comment

Cheers - going to pick those two up. The online function should be pretty nifty. Connect 4 w00p

Comment

the brain games has Mahjong in it! woo! no need to get a separate mahjong game when i can get this and learn to play Go at the same time

Comment

If only it had Go Johnny Go Go Go Go!

Comment

Ultimate Brain games (GBA) has only Shanghai mahjong: (don't know about the DS version)

Yakuman DS scored 8 in Famitsu and somebody is working on a translation:
                      http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/game/924913.html

Comment

More questions. Anyone tried the play-yan or GBA movie player. the GBA movie player is only about ?15 fancy picking it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Koizumi
                          Ultimate Brain games (GBA) has only Shanghai mahjong: (don't know about the DS version)

Yakuman DS scored 8 in Famitsu and somebody is working on a translation:
                          http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/game/924913.html
                          Which is the version where you find two tiles in play that are the same, its the version on GP32 games RU version.

Comment

Originally posted by LaParka
                            More questions. Anyone tried the play-yan or GBA movie player. the GBA movie player is only about ?15 fancy picking it up.
                            I have the play-yan. MP3's work fine, which I use everyday, but I have not got the movie function to work. I also hava a PSP so I havn't tried to hard. The software which comes with Play-Yan for video conversion only works with a Japanese version of windows. (or when XP is set to Jap language which I have not yet tried to do.) If anyone knows what software does work with the play-yan and what settings to use with it, it would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by LaParka
                              Ok, the wife wants me to get her a card based game and MahJong (sp) game for the DS, (apparantly Wario is for 3 year olds )
                              One thing to bear in mind is that there are many rules variants of mahjong (if you're meaning multi-player rather than solitaire) and the Japanese games presumably use Japanese rules, so it's probably best to buy a mahjong game from whichever regions rules she's familar with.
                              Combined with this, there will be at least a small language barrier (knowing enough kana to differentiate chii/kan/pon/riichi etc.) so (unless she already plays Japanese rules) probably stick with a western release if possible.

If it's solitaire mahjong she wants to play, I wouldn't bet on any of those Japanese games offering solitaire play, but the US brain games collection does (according to IGN).

Comment

Working...
                              X