No announcement yet.

Gaming Standards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally i'd rather have mouthy Tidus than mute Link. He gets better as the game goes on, starting off as clearly immature but by the end of the game he's approaching Auron levels of seriousness. Awesome game.

I don't mind English voice acting if it's well done but when it comes to cinema, anything other than the original voices is awful. I can't watch French dubs of American programmes/films, it's terrible. Doesn't matter though as French cinema is the best in the world

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
      ALL games should have subtitles
      This should be made LAW! - not only for those with hearing difficulties but for people like me who HATE English dubbing with a vengeance and would rather play silent with subtitles! (makes RPGs better IMO - like reading a really good book *FF7* - not cringing everytime that dickhead Tidus opens his mouth *FFX* )
      In fact these days there is NO excuse for dual language - DVDs have original dialogue; why do games still have to lag so far behind.
      Very rich coming from a dude who's favourite film is Kung-Pow!

I completely agree with the button swapping jokery when a game gets released in the west though. What's the BLOODY point?

Comment

Very rich coming from a dude who's favourite film is Kung-Pow!
        Thats a totally different matter!

Kung Pow dubbing is art! -

Bowser: "You will NEVER get the Pricess back - NEVER! NyyaaagHG-Nyyaaagh mmmmmnnnYYYAAAGGGhh!!11!
        Mario: "I implore you to reconsider!"
        Bowser:*thinks for 1 second* "Hmmm....OK! "

Mnyaaagh!

Comment

Working...
        X