Has duality and strident been canned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has duality and strident been canned?

question really for trojan x but exactly what has happened to these 2 titles?

both looked stunning and then have completely slipped off the radar - nothing at e3 etc

cheers

camps

Well spotted. I sure hope they haven't, both titles were looking pretty slick, but there's zero sign of them on Phantagrams official site.

Comment

Found the developers of DUALITY

I don't think the site has been updated since the 13/01/03

and it was one of the games that were been evaluated after big changes were made at the publisher.
      TROJAN mate help us out?
      I couldn't find anything on Strident (and that promo video made it look so good).
      Maybe Shiny/Dave perry put a hit out on the development as it would have "out" Matrixed the matrix game.

Comment

From The Adrenaline Vault (27/03/02)

Originally posted by The Adrenaline Vault

Global online game publisher NCsoft has acquired a controlling interest in Korean developer Phantagram Ltd. The Adrenaline Vault has learned that Seoul-based NCsoft acquired an equity interest in the developer along with a smaller interest in Phantagram Interactive - the developer's North American division - in August of last year. NCSoft acquired more of Phantagram Ltd. in December and now owns a controlling interest in the company.

An NCsoft spokesman Wednesday told the Adrenaline Vault that the only title purchased as part of the acquisition was Shining Lore. Phantagram continues to work on Kingdom Under Fire: Crusaders and Strident. All other Phantagram titles are currently undergoing an evaluation process. This includes Duality - a 3D action role-playing game in production at Spanish developer Trilobite Graphics.

NCsoft has already made in-roads into the U.S. as part of its global expansion plans. The company recently set up an office in Los Angeles that'll take care of marketing and sales for all of its products in North America.

Games in the works at NCsoft include Tabula Rosa and Lineage II. NCsoft also will publish Cryptic Studios' City of Heroes across the world. Other development studios under NCsoft's umbrella include Seattle-based ArenaNet - an online gaming company founded by the creators of Blizzard Entertainment's Battle.net.

Comment

What about 'Breed', didn't see anything of this game at E3? I was looking forward to this game, a game to play, between meals of Halo / Halo 2.

Comment

It will SO suck is Duality is canned. That game looked to have moxie!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Do!
              What about 'Breed', didn't see anything of this game at E3? I was looking forward to this game, a game to play, between meals of Halo / Halo 2.
              Not sure. Gamespot have got the game listed in its E3 coverage, but only as a PC game. In fact CDV released a list of games they were showing at E3 and Breed is listed as PC only. Looks like a XB version isn't scheduled at the mo (if at all.) If you've got a Gamespot account there are plenty of E3 Breed movies available for dl.

Comment

Brat designs will be thinking about the XBox port of Breed after the PC version is out of the door (similar to HL2). I've been emailing the publishers quite often trying to get a preview copy (they refuse ), and have never denied that the xbox version isn't currently planned.

Comment

Cheers for the info

Comment

Phantagram continues to work on Kingdom Under Fire: Crusaders and Strident
                    so where was Strident at E3???? Kingdom under fire was there.
                    TrojanX!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by captainflimflam
                      so where was Strident at E3????
                      Who knows?? The last update on Gamespot regarding this game was over a year ago, 23/4/02 to be precise.

Comment

Phantagram are a bunch of messers. They tried to develop about 5 titles at once.

They're supposed to be doing Total Annihilation 2 as well.. pff!

Comment

Working...
                        X