Wi-Fi Hotspot - Glasgow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wi-Fi Hotspot - Glasgow

Just to let you all know, King Tut's Wah Wah Hut in Glasgow is now a Wi-Fi hotspot! Just think, Wi-Fi gaming while waiting for your band to come on! ****in A.

Any others in Glasgow that you know of? , there has to be more than one surely

Comment

Originally posted by Geo-V6
      Any other places u mean? Well most of the coffee shops offer it Starf*cks, Nero, Beanscene etc Not sure of where else.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo-V6
        i don't know of any others, but if i find out i'll post the news here!

Cheers

Comment

Don't these WiFi hotspots cost to use? I've never bothered to try one (work in the city and live nearby, so dont need any more net access) but thought they did, especially starbucks.

Comment

I dont understand the concept.

Are there like loads of handheld game nerds gathering near these??

How far away can you be from a "hot spot"?

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09
              I dont understand the concept.

Are there like loads of handheld game nerds gathering near these??

How far away can you be from a "hot spot"?
              The PSP & DS don't need a WiFi connection todo local wireless gaming, they can talk to each other without that (played a game in the back of a car last week).

Wi-Fi will be used to route the games though the internet against other gamers, ala Xbox Live.

Comment

There are loads all over Glasgow, most are encrypted however as I think they expect you to pay. The only one I've found so far thats not encrypted is The Goose on Union St.

Comment

The Goose on Union St has it too!?

Is King Tuts encrypted? Haven't been there for a while, love it too.

Usually if your just standing there in the town, you can search and an open network is available at some point.

Or just go to Strathcylde uni and stand outside as theres a few unsecured ones there!

Comment

The Goose has it? I wouldn't bring out my mobile phone in there never mind my DS/PSP/PC. Its full of neds!

Comment

Heh, The Goose, not been there since they dropped the prices about a year in and it went from decent pub to scumy hellhole.

Comment

I thought they'd changed the name? or did they just put up a new sign.

Comment

Passed i-Cafe on Great Western Rd and noticed the Wi-Fi sign above the door, looked as if there was a few in it at 12.30 too.

Dont agree with paying for it tho, anyone know how much it cost to "use"

Watched a mate from work racing a girl on RR on psp in work break out area - cool.

Comment

There's a search for all the BT openzone hotspots here: http://www.btopenzone.com/find/advanced_search.jsp

There's more than you think.......

Comment

Working...
                            X