Time for games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for games

Just wondering how you all find the time for playing games?The older i get the less time i have to play games,long gone are the days of playing everyday!Sometimes weeks!!!go by without getting any gaming action im sorry to say.The more responsibilties you take on in life(leaving home,jobs,girlfriends,cats!)the less time i have for games(but the more time i spend thinking about them!)the best i can do now is booking a couple of days off work for a gaming orgy!!Or better still pulling a sickie!:-)i guess its the same all round?Games>responsibilties dont go!
    Last edited by SuperDanX; 24-05-2005, 06:33.

I hear you. Ever since the golden age of being a student, I don't have any time for my beloved RPGs. I must have about five unfinished ones lying around my apartment now! Nowadays I spend far too much time on quick Halo 2 blasts.

It's really ironic that now I have a job and disposable income, and can afford to buy pretty much and game console and game, I can't afford to spend any time on them! Still, I'm leaving my job in two months, so I'll be able to play while I'm job hunting back home. Must make the most of it!

Comment

Here, here.

I seem to be in a slump at the moment, just cannot find the time to play anything and when I do, I can't seem to get motivated to play anything either.

I'm hoping Killer 7 will lift me from my slump...

Comment

I try to play my game when the kids have gone to bed, not too bad but when the wife decides she is having an early night its a pain in the arse though as she will turn the TV on and stop me gaming.

Comment

Mike - you really, really need a second telly. Or some PC games. Hour long Child Psychology, Gardening or House Buying programmes in the evening after my son has gone to bed is when I get the vast majority of my games time these days...

Comment

same for me, wait til kids are in bed, do whatever needs doing and 10pm ish onwards is "freetime" but after using PC all day my eyes feel tired by that point (well that's what I blame my poor gaming skills on)

Comment

Originally posted by mid
              Mike - you really, really need a second telly. Or some PC games. Hour long Child Psychology, Gardening or House Buying programmes in the evening after my son has gone to bed is when I get the vast majority of my games time these days...
              I do have a second TV, but its in the bedroom (aka my gaming room)

I can't be bothered to unhook everything asnd take it downstairs when the wife comes to bed

Comment

Gaming room, innit. When I get round to shacking up with someone (Hah!) I'll make sure we buy a house with a spare room big enough to set up some serious hi-def gear in

Comment

Work sucks

It really does suck being old and in the "real world", I earn enough to buy all the games I want, but I have no time to give them the commitment they deserve. Maybe I need to go back to being a uni student and get that second degree I will never need.

Comment

I just hope all my senses are intact for when I retire. It'll be great having all the time I want playing the Playstation 8, Xbox 180 and Nintendo Devolution.

Comment

I spend more time talking about games and looking forward to games than buying them and playing them! Sad fact of life. I haven't touched my cube for a good 4 weeks despite wanting to crack through paper Mario but I do get a little bit of classic Mario bros action or the Metroid Demo on my DS

Comment

Most of the games I'm playing at the moment are for the DS so I can just pick them up and play them pretty much wherever - Nintendogs, Touch Wario and now Meteos which arived today.

I totally agree with rjwtaylor - now I can afford to buy games and consoles I actually have the least time to play them what with work, a social life (such as it is) and other interests.

I really miss the 6 week summer holidays we used to get at school; just think how much gaming we could get through...

Comment

Glad to hear other people have the same problem as me!

The only chance I get to do some gaming is early in the morning. I try to get up at about six and get a few hours in if I can. Most of the time I simply can't be arsed to get out of bed though. When the missus goes out for the night I get the TV all to myself and usually get a good few hours in then - but that's once in a blue moon, really.

My trusty DS and GP32 keep my busy - I can play them at work and whenever I have a spare moment at home. However inbetween doing all the house stuff, walking the dog and entertaining the offspring, gaming time is limited. Plus I find it hard to motivate myself to play games these days - after a hard day at work I just like slumping in the sofa and watching whatever **** the missus has on.

Comment

i really cant belive this

i still a student that goes to school (7am to 1pm) have a hour break then goes to afternoon/evening school (3pm to 9 pm) by that time im too tired to open my eyes forget playing a game! i was actually looking forward to having a job. DS with your mates aint bad at some boring history lesson, one consolation of my life, to bad thers only history lessons 3 times a week (1 hour each)

and you lot make your lives sound like a hell hole! i need to get some game testing job, or article writer on reviews or something, so i can play games as work

Comment

In the 16bit days I used to rent game and finish them. 10 hours max, even RPG's like Shining Force and Landstalker. Most of them were done in an hour with sufficient practice. Now it's like 20+ hours per game. No way do I have time for that.

I'm in the process of selling most of my stuff. All I'm going to buy from now on is arcade ports. That way I get to play lots of different games (and often finish them) without having to spend 20+ hours a week. Modern console games are all ****ing filler. You don't get value for your time like a movie or music album.

Comment

Working...
                              X