Your fav. game developers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zanza
    Sandlot are fantastic! Tetsujin and RAD are such excellent games, easy to pick up and play and very enjoyable, although they didnt develop Monster Attack, that was developed by D3 using the same engine used for RAD and published by Sandlot.

Taito have published so many classics, Rainbow Islands was one of my favourite games on the Amiga, and their upcoming 2D game look stunning!

http://www.taito.co.jp/gm/spica/index.html
    That looks lovely. I'm getting Rainbow Islands and Parasol Stars flashbacks from looking at some of the pics there.

Hmm. I thought Sandlot developed Monster Attack - certainly feels like one of their games. It's easily as much fun as RAD and Tetsujin in my opinon.
    And there's a sequel on the way - The Chikyu Boeigun 2 is out sometime next month. I hope it'll be as much fun as the first one was.

Since we're adding a few more developers to ours lists, I'd have to choose:

Konami - for Gradius, Parodius, Goemon, the Contra series, those Ninja Turtle games, Zone of the Enders and their odd obsession with Easter Island statues. (at least in some of their earlier games)

Namco - for Katamari Damacy - 'Nuff said.

Comment

before the gamecube/xbox/ps2 i would have said rare but there output for the last few years has been well below par (the fact the games i was really looking forward to is now on the next generation doesnt do much for my patience either)

Comment

Sega, Capcom and Taito are my all time favourate developers. All the rest just make up the numbers.

Comment

I've got a feeling I'm forgetting some important companies... Anyhow:

Cave - Best shooting, period.

Konami - Silent Hill, Metal Gear and Castlevania among many others.

Namco - Katamari Damacy, Klonoa, etc.

Taito - Best puzzlers around.

Nintendo - For obvious games.

Raizing - Coolest shooting around, but far more imbalanced than Cave.

Comment

This Gen

StarBreeze (The new lobotomy) What with thier stunning Enclave and Riddick efforts.

Smilebit/AV- MonkeyBall , Spikeout JSRF, GV and ORTA (need I say any more).

AM#2- Out Run II, VF 4 EVO.

Team Ninja- DOA U, Ninja Gaiden, DOA XVB (well I liked it).

From Software- O.TO.GI series.

Wow- HOTD III and SEGA GT 2002/online .

Just Add Monsters/Ninja Theory- Kung Fu Chaos One of the best and most overlooked and underrated games of all time.

G-Rev - Border Down one of the best shooters I've played in ages, and I just love that music score.

Capcom Production Studios 2/4 and Clover Studio - RE, VJ and DMC series.

SCEI/Santa Monica- For ICO and the stunning God Of War.

All time..

Team Andromeda- Pazner Dragoon Series.

Game Arts- Grandia Lunar Gungriffion series.

RAIZING- Nobody made shooters better than these guys.

Lobotomy- Exhumed (still for me the best fps) Quake and Duke Nukem 3D.

Treasure- For just being some of the best coders around.

NCL/Mario Team- Looking over the poor Mario SS Nobody makes platform games better than these guys.

TATIO- After SEGA for me one of the best reasons to go to an Arcade.

Scavenger ? Up they with Treasure when it came to awesome programming skills.

UGA- REZ I need not say anymore.

AM#2- Apart for G-Loc and that poor MD game. These guys just don't make bad games.

Comment

Atlus - R&D 1's Megaten series' depth of play and inspired artwork.
              Irem - R-type --> Final and the neat stuff between the two.
              There was a tribute to Irem thread on the digitpress.com forums a while back which summed up my love for this small company perfectly.
              SNK - For introducing me to 'proper' arcade gaming.
              Koei - Koei combines my love for history, Asia and videogames like no one else.
              CAVE - Some of the best shooters I've ever played with more on the way.

Hnrble mentions: Square, Namco, Treasure, Genki, Capcom, Ion Storm, Sega and Hideo Kojima

Comment

Nintendo - the company that got me into gaming, created some of the most delightful gaming experiences I've had and are still going strong IMO. This includes all their teams - IS etc.... Also produced one of my most favourite games ever - Mario Kart 64

Atlus - love their RPGs like SMTDS and Stella Deus etc..

Cave - Love their shooters

Nippon Ichi - Disgaea is currently my favourite/most played game this generation. I haven't tried their other efforts yet but this game is more than enough.

Capcom - Produced some fantastic games this gen, with a seemingly endless list. Possibly the best this generation for me.

Konami - MGS2/3, PES series etc... both fantastic game series' that have entertained for hours on end.

Valve - produced two of the most memorable FPS games I've ever played and literally were a breath of fresh air when they came out with HL, way back.

Looking Glass Studios - Will always have a special place in my heart. Produced some of the most memorable games I've ever played. It's just a shame that they're gone. I'd have loved to have seen their vision of Thief3 brought to life.

Black Isle Studios aka Interplay RPG division - again produced some fantastic games such as Planescape: Torment, FO2(and technically FO1).

Comment

Working...
                X