Kururin Squash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kururin Squash

Kururin Squash worth getting? I am trying to weight up purchasing that or just getting one of the GBA versions?

I'd be interested to know is well...

Comment

I was thinking the same...especially since Paradise on the GBA is so freakin' great.

Comment

Yeah it's pretty good, though a bit too sickly sweet for my tastes. I enjoyed the GBA versions more, though some of the different ship types make the game quite frantic at times. Worth getting? Yeah I think so, for cheap anyway.

I can't remember if I sold mine or not, will check tonight!

Comment

Go on give in, its selling pretty cheap at play asia. Or give me a week till mine comes & i'll let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku
            Or give me a week till mine comes & i'll let you know.
            Think I'll go with that one

Comment

i think its pretty good....if its cheap its worth it purely for the excellent puppet show intro sequence.

i havent played it much, or recently and i've only played the gameboy version a little. so i might be forgetting stuff. but from what i remember of the GBA version there was only one kind of spaceship. in this there are four.

the normal job
              one with big boxing gloves to batter everything
              a submersival version, which means levels can be on two planes.
              a weird flame throwing version, which allows you to destroy stuff, and usually (always?) travels on rails.

the more normal levels are deffinately more fun, but the stages where you use the ships with attacks certainly arent bad... you just have to change tactics somewhat with the different pace and style.

if anybody enjoyed the other versions, i see no reason why they wouldnt like this too.

Comment

I like it a lot, the analog control in the game is just divine - those tiny ominous gaps that I'd be put off of in the GBA versions, I barrel straight at 'em here and slide though smoothly. That though is a blessing and a curse - with analog control situations that could be tricky become much easier.

Still, it's fun, the levels are as well designed as before with lots of curvy arenas to slide through. I do get the feeling the game is pretty short (got up to the space stages in just a few hours -not 100% completing everything though) but well worth playing if you're a fan of the GBA ones.

As for the new stuff, collecting coins is great fun and you're bound to find yourself dragged into getting all of them. They're always put on a perfect line for time trialing and for the swing of your turny-thingy so they help you to learn the stages too. New aspects like the tide pulling you in the water levels is handled well & the various craft outfitted with weapons are nice too, though it's no substitute for the core gameplay and sometimes you feel you'd much rather have one more tight corrider than an arena of baddies.

Comment

I really liked it too. As has been said, the analogue control is excellent - going back to the digital control on the gba games just feels crude, like Monkey Ball on a d-pad. In ways it's easier and more forgiving than the gba games but getting though unscathed, collecting all the coins and beating the times is still quite a challenge. Unlockables, minigames etc were disappointing compared to paradise but it's more varied and inventive in the main game. I love the cutscene style as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X