GamesTM scores.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GamesTM scores.

This months cover is R-Type Final boxart (multiple ships trialing off into the background) on a luverly white background. Nice.

Main feature is all about The History of political gaming.

Interviews with Kujo Kazuma(Irem Inc) on R-Type Final and koji Igarahi(Konami Japan) on Castlevania franchise.

The letter from Japan is interesting reading about the state of Japans economy and the "superficial harmony called 'wa'." and the effects on gaming in Nippon.

Also a hardware analysis on Projectors for gaming.

Special Retro sections on Castlevania and Neo Geo systems.

The scores:

Enter the Matrix - 4/10

Silent Hill 3 - 6/10

P.N.03 - 6/10

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - 8/10

Clock Tower 3 - 6/10

Neighbours From Hell - 7/10

Armoured Core 3 - 8/10

Moto GP 2 - 7/10

Def Jam Vendetta - 7/10

Devastation - 7/10

SOCOM: Us Navy Seals - 7/10

Postal 2 - 3/10

Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus - 4/10

Burnout 2: Point of Impact - 8/10

X2: Wolverine's Revenge - 4/10

Wario Ware, Inc: Mega Microgames - 6/10

Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland - 7/10

Derby Owners Club: World Edition - 8/10

Soul Calibur 2 (group test) - 8/10

Quality magazine. Certainly my most eager to read periodical of the month.

from what I've heard about Wario Ware, that is probably a pretty disappointing score.

Comment

Sounds like a good issue. WTF is Neighbours From Hell?

Comment

Originally posted by stroppa
        from what I've heard about Wario Ware, that is probably a pretty disappointing score.
        Indeed. And 6 for SH3.

Comment

"Neighbours from hell"???

It must be damn good be as good as Moto 2, PN03, Wario Ware and Silent Hill 3.

Comment

Very harsh scores for WW and Silent Hill 3, they deserve much better. I think Enter The Matrix desderved slightly more than a 4.

Comment

Neighbours From Hell (PC)

Set in a TV show you are 'Woody' and by using various itmes hidden around the house, the idea is to lay traps and hurt Woodys neighbour.

Comment

P.N.03 - 6/10
                I'm not surpised P.N.03 got a disappointing score, it seems that most western press don't seem to be into it much. But still disappointing considering imo this is one of the best 3D shooter released in while.

Comment

Made in Wario getting a lower score than Armoured Core 3

another issue of Games TM i will pass up on

camps

Comment

And here's me criticising EDGE's scoring... The scores in this issue of GamesTM just look plain stinky to be fair.

"Let's be harsh this month" issue perhaps?

Still... Just like EDGE, I don't go and read GamesTM for the reviews.

Comment

I'm only really interested in the text, tbh. The reason I've criticised Edge in the past is because on too-frequent occasions, the review doesn't reflect peoples' experiences. I know from personal experience, no matter what score you give a game, people will moan about it.

As long as the reviews are well written in this issue, and tally with other things you have read about the game, you may as well ignore the actual score.

Comment

SH3 only got a 6/10? So that's why UK gamers are getting it first... because it's ****e. LOL.

Comment

Before I go out looking for it, can anyone tell me what retro posters they've got in it this ish. They're the best thing about it. Castlevania IV and Rainbow Islands in #1, and R-Type last month. Ace.

And let's not turn this into another long-running debate about magazine scores. We all know that the only scores that matter are here!

Scores. Shmores.

Comment

6/10 is above average in my book. Therefore, anything above a 5 is worthy of consideration. Silent Hill is one of those series that causes wildly different debate because it's so open with how you can approach it.

One fledgling magazine giving it an above average score isn't something to get too depressed about. As always, I'll let my own head come to the conclusion of whether Silent Hill 3 is ****e when I get to play it.

Comment

Well I picked up this magazine after ignoring it after the first issue. I now know why I ignored it. A quote from the Moto GP 2 review

A sequel should take the strengths of the original product and refine them into a superior game, not take the strengths of the original product and put them in a different box

How long have they played the sequel for? 6 new tracks, a reworked and much more in depth career mode, a pretty thorough design element, far superior graphics and sound, new riders and reworked existing tracks, plus more refined riding mechanics. As sequels go that is a bloody extensive list and it is NOT the same as Moto GP 1. Would they be so harsh on the next Winning Eleven game? I doubt it very much.

Plus most of their previews contain a page worth of writing, yet no information whatsoever. I never enjoyed the layout of the magazine (far too much going on) but the writing is also poor.

Comment

Working...
                              X